PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 06:24 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WinMo sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAList View Post
Bivo: I also have an iPhone. It is indeed the best thing since slice bread.
Is the touch pro a work phone or something?

It's a shame you're running into such an odd issue with it. I really have enjoyed windows mobile a LOT. The only times I've ever run into issues is after I used a program to clear some temp folders, and then it turned out to be something with the storage card (removing all the files and only putting on what I wanted resolved it.)

Oh and also, you might want to change the title to something more appropriate to the issue you're having. If you changed it to something like "Touch flo crashes on people tab" someone with the solution might appear quicker. Saying Windows mobile sucks in the title makes you look just kind of stupid to us.

Last edited by chronster; 12-13-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Saying Windows mobile sucks in the title makes you look just kind of stupid to us.
LAWL

Windows Mobile is the best mobile OS in my opinion. The iphone OS is pretty, and stable....but the customization is poop compared to Windows Mobile. Android has the ability to be as customizable...it remains to be seen.
I loved my Windows Mobile devices and the versatility they offer. I rarley carry a laptop anymore...who needs one? I have a movie player, music player, camera, IM, Skype, phone, text, web, VNC, games, and soooo much more on Windows Mobile. And I'm sorry....the gimped bluetooth abilities of the iphone exclude it from being anywhere close to the best thing since sliced bread, IMHO.

I love the touch pro. It rocks...(as long as you know how to free it from its carrier specific chains and make it work the way its MEANT to work)

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
LAWL

Windows Mobile is the best mobile OS in my opinion. The iphone OS is pretty, and stable....but the customization is poop compared to Windows Mobile. Android has the ability to be as customizable...it remains to be seen.
I loved my Windows Mobile devices and the versatility they offer. I rarley carry a laptop anymore...who needs one? I have a movie player, music player, camera, IM, Skype, phone, text, web, VNC, games, and soooo much more on Windows Mobile. And I'm sorry....the gimped bluetooth abilities of the iphone exclude it from being anywhere close to the best thing since sliced bread, IMHO.

I love the touch pro. It rocks...(as long as you know how to free it from its carrier specific chains and make it work the way its MEANT to work)
yeah but the iphone has the apps. My phone does what I want it to, and I'm happy with it, but from a simpleton's standpoint, I definitely can see where the iphone would be much more appealing.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

talon95 is a n00b

In the past month I've had both the iPhone and a Touch Pro (which I still have). It's interesting that the differences between these phones is very similar to Mac's vs. PC's running Windows.

The iPhone is very restricted, but it's well sorted, very easy to use, and reasonably stable.

OTOH, the Touch Pro running WinMo is much more flexible, but it's much harder to set up, not as stable, and apps are scattered all over the place with varying compatibility.

Both are good phones, although I'd still choose the iPhone if I had a choice (iPhone did not work at my desk at work due to low signal) just due to the ease of use and well sorted operating system and apps.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

Kalnel is just getting started

I have a lot of respect for the iPhone, because I think it has spurred companies like HTC to improve and innovate faster.

But, in terms of "pocket laptop" functionality and usability as a work phone, WinMob far outstrips iPhone.

One example: I can take notes, in handwriting, on my WinMob phone, use a hard keyboard, use an external keyboard, or use several varieties of other on-screen entry. The iPhone allows just the on-screen keyboard, which isn't optimal for notes or word processing.

Depending on how you use your device, this may or may not matter, but for those of us who use these devices in place of laptops, it's a show-stopper.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

once i had my apache i almost stopped using computers in general because i had one in my pocket i had skyfire so i had full internet i had pocket office to type papers and i had games music and videos no other phone can say they offer this and if you know where to find these things they can be standard on every windows mobile phone granted the iphone makes things much easier and simple for the general public but anyone who has seriously owned a windows mobile phone wouldnt trade it for the iphone i know i wouldnt even for an old apache
Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

how did this thread turn into another iPhone vs WinMo device discussion?

Just my 3 cents...I have an iPod Touch AND I have my Touch Pro. The iPod touch is for fun, play, music and movies...the Touch Pro for everything else (this includes web browsing...because dual wield Opera Mobile w/ Skyfire beats Safari any day of the week...especially if you don't have WiFi in the immediate area.)
Old 12-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

If you think its so easy to make a flawless product, you prolly also think you can do it better yourself. So go ahead, take a shot at it. You will see that its not nearly as easy as it looks.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:29 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

iphone sux

Old 12-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

jbmurphy is a n00b

I have had this issue in the past (navigating to the People tab would crash TF3D) and found what was causing it. Anytime I added a picture to a contact on the computer (in my case a MAC) and syncing the device, if that contact happened to be one of the ones on my People rolodex going there would crash touch flo. If I removed the image from the contact on the computer and resync'd the issue would go away.

The way that I add images to contacts now is on the phone, by putting the image in a directory on the SD Card and adding the image to the contact using the phone's contact "Select a picture..." function. Doing this with the same image files that would crash touch flo when adding the images on the computer are fine when done this "round about method". Oh and it only makes a difference if the contact is on the rolodex

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro