PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jaytv is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WinMo sucks

The way I feel about WM is the same as I feel about democracy: It's the worst system ever, except for all the alternatives...

And yes, I own and use an iPhone and I've suffered through many an hour with S60, etc.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

As with all comps, no matter what O/S or company you're with...you should probably back up your data.

On another note, it would most likely something went wrong with your diamond tweak. It is only thing that you've mentioned that would interact dramatically with TouchFlo. If you were to reload your data...I would uninstall Diamondtweak...and then go from there.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAList View Post
What do you mean by "restore?" Are you referring to a hard reset? I have everything backed up on my Mac. I just find it extremely frustrating that I need to take time to reconfigure everything to the way it was. Whether it's HTC or Microsoft who's to blame, they all need to get their act together. We shell out a lot on money for products that we hope are going to be reliable. I'm coming from the Touch and I hated all the issues I had with it. I am hoping that the TP doesn't continually have the same issues. Is it too much to ask for a stable phone/OS? I probably already know what the answer to that question is. :P
i'm talking about using backup software like spite backup, or spb backup. once you perform a backup, a file is created on your memory card. if you run into a problem down the line, you could away use that file to bring your device back to that exact date when there were no problems. eliminating the need to do a hard reset, and having to load every single program, contact etc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

bivowalk is a n00b

Sounds like its time for someone to get an iphone and a mac because versatile windows products are too hard for them to use
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

TheAList is a n00b

Correct: Thanks for the info, where can I get those back up programs?

Bivo: I also have an iPhone. It is indeed the best thing since slice bread.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

check your pm
Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First off its called Diamondtweak for a reason its made for the Diamond not the Pro but that's ok lots of the tweaks still work. What you need to understand is that with WM some programs will cause issues. If you mix things together they can cause the system to crash I always keep a log of what I have added and when plus I always backup before trying a untested program. Now to help you with your current problem I would recommend you first temporarily remove Diamondtweak then get a good memory/ registry cleaner like MemMaid and let it clean things up for you. If that doesn't solve the problem then you might need to hard reset. I run my devices for months at a time without ever hard resetting the only time I have ever been forced to hard reset is after I have added a new program that is a Beta or being made by one of our basement tweakers these programs are not always tested to work on every device so there could be issues. If you want a solid device that you never have to hard rest just run your TP stock I am sure you will never have issues. Only exception is if you have something become corrupted when syncing although this is very rare I have heard of it. I have been syncing my WM devices with my Windows PC for over 8 years and I have never had anything become corrupted. While you are correct that WM can be a hand full to deal with at times you wont find a more flexible platform to use. I once went 7 months without a hard reset on my PPC6700 from Sprint I wanted to see how long I could go I reset at 7 month because I wanted to try a different AKU or I could have gone longer and I figured 7 months was long enough to prove to myself that WM is stable if used correctly. I have Hard Reset my TP 2 times now once was directly related to one of the tweaks in Diamondtweak so I no longer use that program. If you want to continue using Diamondtweak that's great just get your contacts fixed then start adding tweaks one at a time use your TP for a day and see if there are any issues then tweak something else simple as that when you find the one that is causing the issue just change it back. I hope this helps you in some way.

Dave
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

TheAList is a n00b

Thanks very much. I will indeed do as you suggested. Can I search for MemMaid on these forums?
Old 12-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

I think you have to pay for Memaid.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 12-13-2008, 02:46 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here is the link

http://www.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/

Just get the trial and see if that will get you running for today no need to purchase rite away I think it is like a 15 day trial

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro