PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 11:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xitanul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone tried the new CorePlayer v1.3 on the TP?

thnx for info. i have core player 1.2, says it wont play interlaced videos, anything that can do that? also, is there anyway to play on2 vp6 vids? thnx
Old 12-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro

asinanan is a n00b

Do you guys watch downloaded divx videos as is, or convert them to a particular resolutions/quality. The rips I might download are ~700MB, and TCPMP don't play those so great.

Is it worthwile downloading the videos already converted for IPOD??
Old 12-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

i would say its pointless to keep the 7-8-900mb files because the vga screen cant handle those full resolutions anyways so its a waste of space. I would use a good video converter and put them into vga resolution and save yourself space. My vga movies are only about 300mb or so each

ive found this free program http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/EN_index.htm pretty good for converting video. its not the most full featured but it works and its free
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Question Re: Anyone tried the new CorePlayer v1.3 on the TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
i would say its pointless to keep the 7-8-900mb files because the vga screen cant handle those full resolutions anyways so its a waste of space. I would use a good video converter and put them into vga resolution and save yourself space. My vga movies are only about 300mb or so each

ive found this free program http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/EN_index.htm pretty good for converting video. its not the most full featured but it works and its free
I just downloaded a program called super lastnight(free) but if this program convert files too I'll give it a try but my questions are what are you settings for this program to make 700mb and above movies down to 300mb. Cause the movies I have on my phone right now are all dvd Quality

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 12-16-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

cerchiarax is keeping up the good workcerchiarax is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xitanul View Post
thnx for info. i have core player 1.2, says it wont play interlaced videos, anything that can do that? also, is there anyway to play on2 vp6 vids? thnx
Tcpmp 0.72 recomp 3 plays interlaced videos but its jerky on my touchpro.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I watched a 700MB copy (580x242 dpi) of The Last King of Scotland on Coreplayer 1.30.

Ran flawlessly, even in the gunfight scenes and those things were heavy!

I'm very pleased with the video performance of this phone. I could not say the same for the TyTN II I had and especially not for the Titan I had.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
I watched a 700MB copy (580x242 dpi) of The Last King of Scotland on Coreplayer 1.30.

Ran flawlessly, even in the gunfight scenes and those things were heavy!

I'm very pleased with the video performance of this phone. I could not say the same for the TyTN II I had and especially not for the Titan I had.
In what file format? DivX?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jringo718 is just getting started

Does anybody know how to play AVC encoded files without converting the videos?

TCPMP has this codec, but since TCPMP runs a little slower the video is choppy, the same video on coreplayer gives the error that there is no AVC codec installed and then it plays without sound, but very smooth.

I know there is a legality dispute between AVC codecs on coreplayer, I just wanted to know if anybody has found a way around that without converting.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

CorePlayer seems to be the best video playback option for me, but still the video playback of the TP is pretty pathetic IMHO for the cost of this thing.

I have programs to basically RIP movies from DVD to any format there is.

What is the absolute best format & settings for video PB on the TP??

~John
Old 02-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
In what file format? DivX?
yes divx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro