PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: USB Device Not Recognized

I had an issue like this OP (Vista 64bit too). I was using the USB port on my front bezel of my case which connects via separate cheap 3rd party cables to the connectors on the actual motherboard. My motherboard is newer than my case and uses latest USB 2.0 spec (but all are backwards compatible). I doubt the case cables were this same standard. As soon as I stopped using the front case bezel port and switched to the rear USB port (directly on the mobo) all my issues cleared up instantly. Oddly enough, the Mogul worked just fine. It seems to be the TP that is picky...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

akdmksjeanius is a n00b

My Tp never shows up so I normally go to device manager and the diasble it ( it normally the only one with a exclamation under usb) and then I enable it and it pops right up.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nauticus25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
I had an issue like this OP (Vista 64bit too). I was using the USB port on my front bezel of my case which connects via separate cheap 3rd party cables to the connectors on the actual motherboard. My motherboard is newer than my case and uses latest USB 2.0 spec (but all are backwards compatible). I doubt the case cables were this same standard. As soon as I stopped using the front case bezel port and switched to the rear USB port (directly on the mobo) all my issues cleared up instantly. Oddly enough, the Mogul worked just fine. It seems to be the TP that is picky...
I was just having the same problem. I've been plugging my Touch Pro into the front USB port on my Dell XP64 workstation with no problems since November. Today, it synced up just fine, then dropped the connection a few minutes later. Nothing I did would get it to connect again, either with ActiveSync or disk mode. Soft reset, uninstall/reinstall ActiveSync, swap cables, swap ports (on the front of the case)... nothing worked until I read the above post. I plugged into the rear USB port (the one coming straight off the motherboard) and ActiveSync immediately popped up. Now I'm connected again. Bizzare.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SWA69 is a n00b

Im starting to have this problem now. At first everything was running smoothly; now after a few months its acting up? WTF is going on?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SWA69 is a n00b

anyone?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWA69 View Post
anyone?
ok..have u tried unchecking network functionality under usbtopc???
Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SWA69 is a n00b

the "enable faster data sync"? yea its unchecked.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWA69 View Post
the "enable faster data sync"? yea its unchecked.
is this under settings/connections/usbtopc??
if so....well u can toggle that setting, cee if that works out for u. also, have u installed anything new that u didnt have on ur fone 2 months ago??

well, if u flashed ur rom, might wanna go to the thread where u got it from and post ur ? there, but if ur rom is stock...might have to uninstall/reinstall AS or WMDC..or soft resetting ur fone

Last edited by skeegcpp; 04-02-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SWA69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
is this under settings/connections/usbtopc??
if so....well u can toggle that setting, cee if that works out for u. also, have u installed anything new that u didnt have on ur fone 2 months ago??
Yes.

I haven't installed anything new; not that I can remember.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

what i used were these instructions when i couldnt get it to recognize. the instructions are for win 7 beta, but i had to use them in Vista as well.

t is important that you install Windows Mobile Device Center before connecting your device to your PC. However if you have already connected your device and received the Driver failed to install error message, you can resolve the issue by removing the devices generic RNDIS driver entry from Device Manager.
  • Disconnect your device for your PC
  • From the start Menu open the control panel
  • Select “Hardware and Sound” then “Device Manager”
  • Now connect your device to you PC so that the associated driver shows up under “Network adapter”
  • Right click on the driver and select Uninstall
At this point disconnect your device, install WMDC if you haven’t already done so and the reconnect your device. WMDC should recognize the device and complete the driver install.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro