PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touchpro
Carrier: Sprint

mwrob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alarm in TF3D not user friendly

I have been having a terrible time with the alarm. Very often, when I press the status bar at the top of the screen, I still don't get an icon/button to turn the phone off. I even go into the alarm program and uncheck the alarm and it still keeps ringing. It is very annoying.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use g-alarm it works for me.
You can set any alarm clock that you use to TF3D clock so when u click on clock it takes u the alarm application of your choice.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407777
Old 12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by calllmemoe
Make sure that you have Display message on screen set for Reminders in the device Sounds & Notification settings.

nice... i'd been wondering why the alarms weren't more user friendly. thanks!
EDIT: opps, thanks I missed that and didnt realize it was under "Reminders", I was looking for "Alarm" or "Clock"

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 12-08-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

On my Touch Pro, the alarm/alert notifcation keeps getting disabled, as well as my text messaging alert.

By default, all 6 of my Touch Pros have come with text pop-up disabled, and they all seem to revert back to that setting eventually... It's so bizarre.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

madhat420bx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
I have been having a terrible time with the alarm. Very often, when I press the status bar at the top of the screen, I still don't get an icon/button to turn the phone off. I even go into the alarm program and uncheck the alarm and it still keeps ringing. It is very annoying.
I found that I can press the end call button, and it will stop my alarm from going off. Then I can try to press that icon when I can see better after just waking....
Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Has anyone else noticed that when they wake up, their clock is off by several hours? Then it eventually updates. (The task bar clock is accurate.)
Old 12-08-2008, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Has anyone else noticed that when they wake up, their clock is off by several hours? Then it eventually updates. (The task bar clock is accurate.)
I've noticed that with just leaving it i my pocket and without checking my phone. When I finally do the time is off by a couple of hours (i guess it depends on when i last checked it) and then it will refresh the time.

i've got s2u2 running
Old 12-08-2008, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

G-alarm is great. If it wasn't working for some of you guys before, try it now - ageye has been working hard to fix bugs that showed up on some people's devices. He's still working at it, so he can ultimate launch v1.0 with new features. It was always working well with my phone until the some of the recent releases, but he fixed the bugs that were appearing for me so i'm happy.
He also recently added a math quiz as an option... you have to correctly calculate as many math questions as you set in the settings before being able to shut the alarm off... great for deep sleepers. And for those that don't know.. it's finger friendly, has snooze, choices of many alarms, and replaces the tf3d homescreen and s2u2 alarm info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro