PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: * updated pics 03-01-09 * 8GB? , 16GB? , thats so old news. Now 32GB Phone Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
Man, a lot of you people on here need to get lives and get your a$$ up from the computer! This man has made a break through in the tech and way these phones work and egg heads wanna put him down for it?! I give you much props man, for showing us something else could be done about memory issues. I for one have been thinking up many different ways to incorporate extra memory and you have shown me the light! Thanks. As for you haters, maybe you should try putting your brains to use and thinking of something good people can utilize and maybe you would feel better about yourselves and your lives in your caves! He took a BIG risk but, out of that risk came something great. Keep up the excellent modding guys.
I agree with some of what you said here, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. There are no memory issues with the touch pro (except for the gimped verizon one), but that's besides the point. This mod is for adding 32gb of storage, so I guess he wasn't happy with 2 16gb microsd cards. He probably just got bored one weekend and did the mod for fun sake. It's not that serious of a breakthrough. More of a novelty.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-09-2009 at 11:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
Wink Re: * updated pics 03-01-09 * 8GB? , 16GB? , thats so old news. Now 32GB Phone Touch

I do know what I'm talking about. But, no offense taken. I know the touch pro does not have any memory issues. It has 288MB of RAM! That's just my way of talking. But, yes I meant storage space. And yes, it is more of a novelty but, like four years ago, 2 gigs was probably the most you could get and now someone has 32 gigs. I would love to do this mod. To me aint nothing really wrong with it as long as some cosmetics are taken care of. And another note. The 32 gig micro SD card is not that easy to find. I've looked almost everywhere! But with this mod, one pro or advantage to this is, the bigger sizes always seem to be there and come out in the full size cards way before micro sd is even thought about.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 20| 21899 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Last edited by Wisdom3G; 05-09-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X
Re: * updated pics 03-01-09 * 8GB? , 16GB? , thats so old news. Now 32GB Phone Touch

what do you need that much space for? I wouldn't want that sticking out all the time
Old 05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

extensive is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
what do you need that much space for? I wouldn't want that sticking out all the time
then dont do it!

god some of you guys hating are idiots.

awesome mod man.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Threadstarter

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Thanks for everyone that is enjoying this thread. some bad, some good...but hey it's a hobby of mine that I always try to push things to the max by trial and error.

The best about this mod is that

1) I don't have to convert movie files plus " SPECIAL " movies (700mb + each movie)
2) Put maybe..who knows...50+ albums (I'm sure more than that)
3) Record streaming music till who knows when......
4) Install my apps directly on the SD
5) Youtube donwnload videos

And it goes on........you figure it out, what will you do with a 32gb storage space?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
Thanks for everyone that is enjoying this thread. some bad, some good...but hey it's a hobby of mine that I always try to push things to the max by trial and error.

The best about this mod is that

1) I don't have to convert movie files plus " SPECIAL " movies (700mb + each movie)
2) Put maybe..who knows...50+ albums (I'm sure more than that)
3) Record streaming music till who knows when......
4) Install my apps directly on the SD
5) Youtube donwnload videos

And it goes on........you figure it out, what will you do with a 32gb storage space?
Yea...I hear ya. My 700mb xvid movies fill up my microsd card pretty quick.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

dang good job on the mod
Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

it's a nice mod but 32gb really isn't necessary...even if you have all those movies and music on there, the touch pro battery life isn't that great to begin with...sure there's tweaks and such to make battery life a lil longer but it won't help that much when watching movies with the screen constantly being on....putting 10 or 20 movies is kind of pointless since you won't even be able to watch that many unless you're constantly leaving the phone charged in....if that's the case you'll probably have a computer or tv that's bigger and easier to watch on...and if you really want to watch movies and listen to music that bad then you should really get a dedicated music or movie player like a zune, ipod, itouch, etc...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro