PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 01:22 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Fixed* Touch Pro overheating!! *Update* -now w/ Stage 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
hahaha sweet....though the portable cooling wouldn't be necessary since you can't have prevented charging if you aren't plugged in :P

I wish there was a tweak to have the phone charge no matter how hot it got, if the phone broke, oh well. I'd just get a new one.
Problem here would be that it wouldn't just brake it would burn your house down as the thing blows up... It literally would catch fire.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
Problem here would be that it wouldn't just brake it would burn your house down as the thing blows up... It literally would catch fire.
HTC would have a nice lawsuit on their hands (though I'd do extensive testing outside the home before I'd go plum crazy with it)
I just wonder why charging the battery at the same time is such a problem, I think that is the only thing I hate about this phone. What kind of phone can't charge when it's being used, it's pathetic .

I think at the very least it was stupid for HTC to wire the phone to HAVE to have the battery in the circuit for the phone to keep working. In the slightly more ideal situation, you should be able to remove your battery (or the phone automatically change the currents direction) and run off of the cord (and let the phone take just enough juice to keep it running and not the max juice that would add to it's heat output)
Old 09-07-2009, 01:39 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
hahaha sweet....though the portable cooling wouldn't be necessary since you can't have prevented charging if you aren't plugged in :P

I wish there was a tweak to have the phone charge no matter how hot it got, if the phone broke, oh well. I'd just get a new one.
there is an app for that... just went up on nuerom like last week... u run it after your battery stops charging and it will keep going...

it has a disclaimer, but it works
Old 09-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
there is an app for that... just went up on nuerom like last week... u run it after your battery stops charging and it will keep going...

it has a disclaimer, but it works
any homes lost during it's usage?? (assuming you're a user of it)
Old 09-07-2009, 01:48 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
any homes lost during it's usage?? (assuming you're a user of it)
i have 3 TPs, so i just switch em up if i need to... not worth the damage risk IMO...

but im sure if something bad happened to someone around the PPCworld theyd post something about it, i havent read anything bad... not even about a damaged port yet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i have 3 TPs, so i just switch em up if i need to... not worth the damage risk IMO...

but im sure if something bad happened to someone around the PPCworld theyd post something about it, i havent read anything bad... not even about a damaged port yet
do you know what the app is called?? I'm a donator to Nuerom so I can get all their stuff, wondering if I have it already.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
do you know what the app is called?? I'm a donator to Nuerom so I can get all their stuff, wondering if I have it already.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ttery+charging

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...available.aspx

I believe this is the thread bored is referring to
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Moment, Epic 4G

dmauin717 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dmauin717 Send a message via MSN to dmauin717 Send a message via Yahoo to dmauin717

great idea there sir. whats your take on overheating while its in your hand?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kubel is a n00b

Quote:
I actually tried using the 5V line from the USB cable but that was just too little for the 12V fan. But just having the huge chunk of copper sitting on the exposed back seems to be enough to keep it at around 30C.

It'll be nice once nueForceChargeOn is released to the public.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro