PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What's the best way to get Album Art Work

Yea, itunes will do album art also but the program I posted is WAY more forgiving than itunes. fixtunes with ID/correct mispelled songs, songs that are listed by a slang title etc etc etc etc & it does it amazingly well.

~John
Old 11-29-2008, 07:17 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

all of a sudden wmp started doin it for me! its great! im only missing 50 songs album art

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Thanks all for the help!!! I will try some of this out.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 11-30-2008, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Unfortunately Fix Tunes only does 50 titles free, I've got about 40 gigs.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Have anyone experience TF3D crashing every single time it trys to open and play a song...? My TF3D keep crashing and restarting..
Old 11-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

I use wmp to find the album info. If that doesn't work(since you're on a mac), just go to Amazon.com and look up the cd. Save the picture they have as Folder.jpg. Drop that into your album folder and copy over to device.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Re: How to get TouchFLO 3D to Show Your Album Art
Resets, Library, nothing works! Songs play, songs scroll, covers show up in everything but Toouch Flo.

Called HTC Tech Support as well as Sprint today, they know nothing . . . .

Just found the final fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=397819&page=3

After you change all the files to Folder:

1) Go to the registry
2) Change the registry key HKLM/software/htc/audiomanager */audiomanager from 1.5 to 0
3) Soft Reset
4) Go to TouchFlo Media Player
5) Go to Library/All Songs (the Note icon)
6) Play the first song on the list
7) Done!

This link was very helpful, thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=397819&page=3
Old 11-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

raull1 is a n00b

Glad it worked for you. I have another tip though that might help you out. as i'm still dealing with the music tab and trying to get it to replace my dead ipod:

Tip: For Issues with slow loading albums. (lag when you load the album after browsing and choosing a song.P
  • You might have album art that is too big for what the phone will use as the resolution to display. that will create a lag when you load the album when you are browsing for songs.
It happened to me just yesterday when I was able to put album covers for all my cds. I added them manually to every folder and renamed them so the phone would identify the album art and show it.

but when i browsed in the phone eveything was slower. 10 second delays to actually load songs. What I also noticed was that songs with album art that I did not put, somehow loaded faster.
  • So the solution I found was: (It's faster now, but still not what I want):
I downloaded a prorgram called Tags&Rename. it shows me the embedded album covers and the file size and resolution for them. What I learned is that when you have an album in your pc and it has the album actually embedded into the folder it shows up as a hidden file in the same folder. you just go to folder option and show hidden files and it will show you a jpeg called folder.jpg. that will be the art that's embedded there.
  • So it's all good, you say? Nope... because the music tab is optimized for 256x256 pixel pictures and if you can get 10kb pictures and not 100kb pictures there, it will load faster.
What I found for my case was that all the album art I had loaded through itunes and by putting a copy of the album art in the folder was too big and it was dragging down the app. what I did was that in Tags&Rename I cleared the artwork it had embedded and looked for albums that were no more than 20kb, 300x300 in size.( Google Images)

I renamed these new files with the name "hTC_AM_AlbumArt" . (this is a file name the phone uses for album art )and put them in each folder again. Then, using Tags&Rename I made sure that the album art I wanted was the one embedded with the folders, with the right size e.t.c and then just loaded them to the phone.
  • and what do you know, the app was faster both in loading the music and in touch flicking the albums when browsing. =D>
Now the program is something that has a free trial.but it's pay after.

Also note that I have 3.6GB of music in a 4GB Kingston Micro Sd card. I don't know about the class speed but I believe it may be class 2. (not the fastest. ) It's about 800 songs.

Also, there is still a 3 to 4 sec delay when it loads some music, if i'm coming into the app for the first time and switching constantly. but when i'm browsing songs and changing covers for a while it's faster and acceptable at this point, better than it was before I did this. (Keep in mind that I originally might have done wrong by just dragging big album covers into a folder.) Sorry about the long post, but this is for ppl clueless about this like me. Hope it helps.

Last edited by raull1; 11-30-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
Unfortunately Fix Tunes only does 50 titles free, I've got about 40 gigs.
Then it is well worth buying. I don't have 40 gigs, but I probably have 10.

I bought the program & it's worth every penny IMHO.

~John
Old 11-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Guys.

All your suggestions might work, but here's a simple way.

All you need... and it's free!

http://lifehacker.com/software/album...art-231476.php

It's quick and easy. Import all your songs at once. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't actually embed the image until you start playing another song.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro