PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch pro Call Tones

heres a solution...this makes sprint think ur using a palm treo...

install the cab ive uploaded below...

In network managment(settings/connections/networks/instead of sprint select calltones)

after selecting call tones click the proxy settings tab. You have to select this network connects to the internet and this network use a proxy server to connect to the internet...type in 68.28.31.33 under proxy server.....

then just click on this url from ur phone(IF U GET A ERROR..JUST CLICK OKAY AND CONTINUE ITS TOTALLY FINE)..n select a calltone in which u have to purchase..but it works!

http://calltones.sprintpcs.com:8080/...Ep45nipkmRqbqJ
Or just vision.sprintpcs.com
Attached Files
File Type: zip calltones_193.zip (2.5 KB, 128 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kaeslumz; 12-09-2008 at 11:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

lancelot is a n00b
Question call tones is it possible?

how do i get call tones for my touch pro?????????????
Old 12-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Re: call tones is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
how do i get call tones for my touch pro?????????????

Seems that there is a bypass in the last post.. check out this discussion. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=call+tones

Last edited by esqueue; 12-27-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: call tones is it possible?

This actually has nothing to do with the phone, itself. It's a service on the carrier's side. I believe you can log into your sprint.com account and purchase and apply them from there. But it's all done on Sprint's end while they're routing the call to you, so the phone never relates to this process.

EDIT: Well, my explanation of it having nothing to do with the phone (technically) still stands, but I wasn't aware of Sprint's stubbornness on this subject. Thanks for the link, esqueue. Reminds me of when Sprint refused to put Picture Mail on the Mogul because it was a "business" phone. Who are they to decide how we're going to use our phones? I'm paying for it, so why can't I spend this much money on a "business" phone for personal use? And besides that, don't business people have friends and family?

Last edited by TurboFool; 12-27-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Lurker

Princessme25 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: HTC Touch pro Call Tones

I followed your instructions exactly with the file and proxy server setup even purchased 2 new call tones and tested it out with a 2nd phone i have. It did not work. It lets you purchase and assign the number but when i called my phone from the number i assigend it still had my old 5mth old call tone from my old phone still there the new one i just paid $2.50 didnt ring to it. i tried powering my phone off and trying again still didnt work.I even tried soft reset with sticking my stylus in reset and powering it back up then calling my phone from the alt. number i set up and assigned the new call tone for
This still didnt work. Thanks for the suggestion however i think sprint just need to relase an update and get with the times. I do business on this phone but i still want assigned call tones as well. That windows buisness phone excuse is wack. If ur listening sprint fix this now !!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ginkilla is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ginkilla Send a message via Yahoo to ginkilla
Re: HTC Touch pro Call Tones

I got it to work, the step it was missing was to tap/hold the stylus then click- connect call tones. I found that step in the following thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3782

Thanks for all the help, got Rehab - Bartender as my call tone, I love it! lol

Last edited by ginkilla; 12-31-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: Call tones on Pro?

Got this to work again on a Touch, may work on the Pro.

After getting a new Touch I could not get this calltone fix to work again, it kept reconnecting to SprintPCS.
I figured out how to get there. Don't mess with adding a calltone connection.
I just clicked edit on the Sprint connection, then selected use proxy, 68.28.31.33. Connected and got to the calltones page and picked a new calltone. Then changed the Sprint connection back to no proxy.
Looks like you have to do it every time to get there, even after saving the calltone page in favorites, with no proxy it comes up "your session has expired" then goes to the not authorized page.

used this link in PIE http://vision.sprintpcs.com/output/e...Paul_Wall.html found in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=call

Last edited by gullzway; 01-10-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:51 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i love when old threads show up again. sorry offtopic, i just had to say that.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:58 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Does anyone elses PIE not connect

Old 01-10-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

KINYA is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to KINYA

i got mine on my pro working all i did was save the link from my mogul and when i got my pro i went to the link and it works

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro