PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Lurker

Princessme25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch pro Call Tones

???????????????????????????????????
Old 12-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

For some reason my phone allowed me to use any mp3 that was thrown into it's root directory of my SD card. If that doesn't work, try adding them to "My Device/windows/rings" folder.

To set the ringtones: Bring up your phone dialer, hit menu then hit options and set the desired ringtone from there.

Last edited by esqueue; 12-09-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

Get them From the Sprint website.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

anile8r is a n00b

you got to try the mp3 trimmer its awesome i have a ringtone for each one of my 160+ contacts try it out its already available on your pro you get to make your own tones with this program cant go wrong
Old 12-09-2008, 02:58 AM
Lurker

Princessme25 is a n00b

ok thanks for the replies, but i am not referring to the ring tones, i am familar with setting up the ring tones and mp3 trimer to make my own ring tone. I am talking about call tones where someone calls you and they hear the song before you pick up. This phone does not have that option when you go to browser wether your using Oprea or IE. Please if anyone knows the way to get call tones please let me know. I have went to sprint website via my phone and pc and searched this option brings no result
Old 12-09-2008, 03:14 AM
Jon
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Jon is a n00b

Princessme25, calltones are not available on Sprint for phones that run windows. When you check the digital lounge online, calltones is not an option. When the Touch Pro came out, calltones was available for a couple of weeks due to a glitch with their site not detecting the correct phone. Now that the system is working and it detects us running a windows based smartphone, calltones are no longer available. Maybe in the future, but as of right now, calltones is not available for us.

Sprint said a while ago that they do not have calltones for phones like ours because we have "business" phones.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EPIC 4G
Carrier: sprint

m4zt3r is a n00b

there is a way around this. activate a phone, non-PDA, add call tone, esn swap back to TP. Won't always work, but it has worked for me. But to get the call tone off it has to expire or you have to ESN swap back to regular phone. (talking about sprint)
Old 12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Lurker

Princessme25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Princessme25, calltones are not available on Sprint for phones that run windows. When you check the digital lounge online, calltones is not an option. When the Touch Pro came out, calltones was available for a couple of weeks due to a glitch with their site not detecting the correct phone. Now that the system is working and it detects us running a windows based smartphone, calltones are no longer available. Maybe in the future, but as of right now, calltones is not available for us.

Sprint said a while ago that they do not have calltones for phones like ours because we have "business" phones.
What omg this sucks Sprint is so stupid, they can think of all these other advanced bells and wistles for this phone but i cant change my call tones. my other phone was a basic samsung flip and i had 8 call tones . This sucks im really disapointed they better get a fix soon.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Yup. And there is no reason for it except for their marketing of the the TP as a "business" phone. If it were such a business phone then why have Sprint TV and Sprint Radio Available. Those are not "business" apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessme25 View Post
What omg this sucks Sprint is so stupid, they can think of all these other advanced bells and wistles for this phone but i cant change my call tones. my other phone was a basic samsung flip and i had 8 call tones . This sucks im really disapointed they better get a fix soon.
There is nothing to fix. This is does not have to do wiht ANY limitation of the phone itself. If anyone at Sprint tells you that that "Calltones are not supported by WM due to the HW/OS limitations.".... Do not believe and call their bluff. Call tones is a back end fucntion of the network that "tags" your number on the network and reroute the normal "ring" with the calltone. Has nothing to do with the phone itself. Sprint is just too lazy or caught up wit the fact the "smartphones are for business"

Well I say, Smartphones are not just for buisness anymore. It's the power users that makes these phones what they are. These are power devices with added bussiness functionality.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

I have call tones on my TP, not sure how but I can access the digital lodge on the site and get them

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro