PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Push Gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie View Post
Mobipush used to work great then just stopped completely... I really like their 'solution' though-- I am giving it another shot now.
Well, what I have noticed more often then not is that when I first started the service, it worked for a day. Then it started working very intermittently. I would keep removing, reseting and everything. Finally I just left it alone and it's been working fairly consistantly now. It might break again who knows.

I would say it's safe to use if you are not using it for buisness emails. If you are using it for buisness emails then it might not be consistant enough for you. Then again, you probably shouldn't be using gmail for buisness anyway since it doesn't naturally support pushmail. Gmail supports it but they do not have it set to push the mail. The capability is there but it seems like Google has that feature "off".
Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz416 View Post
And then just copy and paste the email and reply from the gmail account? You can't just select which account to send from, you'd have to just reply from the gmail account without the senders text, right? Then you also would have to do a send/receive to send right? or does outlook send immediately? I haven't noticed because I've been using hotmail and it sends right away.......
I actually don't have this setup on my phone because I don't send emails from my phone, I just read 'em.

I BELIEVE when you reply, you CAN pick the email you want to send from if you have multiple email accounts on your Mobile Outlook.

try it out and see what happen
Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mobipush.. not working at all for me so far.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech

Wow.
I manage 3 imap connections from my phone, GMail accounts all forwarded to a single Mail2web account.
I just use Mail2web for when I need push (not all the time, I'm not that important), so I'll get notified, then I go to one of my imap accounts to reply from.
That way I can get up to the second notifications when I need them, but I can also reply with the right email address.
It's an extra step, but I like how it keeps everything organized.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

You can go into your Gmail account setup and set another address as your reply-to. I've done it. I can't recall all the steps but your account name for logging-in can be separate from the displayed "from" address, at least in IMAP. Go in and give it a try, I don't think it's especially difficult to do.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by enormous View Post
Hey I'm giving the Windows Live email a try, after using Mail2Web for quite a while. Really hoping it improves my TP's battery life.
Pls keep us updated on this, would be interested if this does help.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JickBahTech View Post
Wow.
I manage 3 imap connections from my phone, GMail accounts all forwarded to a single Mail2web account.
I just use Mail2web for when I need push (not all the time, I'm not that important), so I'll get notified, then I go to one of my imap accounts to reply from.
That way I can get up to the second notifications when I need them, but I can also reply with the right email address.
It's an extra step, but I like how it keeps everything organized.
This is what I'm doing now, but if I want to include the text from the person's email, I have to select all, copy, then open up the correct email that I want to respond with, then paste, then put in the contacts name, and send....... is that how you're doing it?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jourabchid is becoming a great contributor

windows live works quite well, my only issue is its not saving my sent items on the phone, and i cant get my contacts to sync exchange style...

but push pull works great with windows live
Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourabchid View Post
windows live works quite well, my only issue is its not saving my sent items on the phone, and i cant get my contacts to sync exchange style...

but push pull works great with windows live
go to the manage folders settings in your inbox view. And then check the Sent Folder... it'll start syncing your sent folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Lurker

frifox is a n00b

as stated earlier in this thread, i'd recommend "ImapPusherService". it effectively adds Push/IMAP-IDLE functionality to your poutlook.
to test things out i sent an email to my gmail... i received it on my phone in 7 seconds!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro