PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 12:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

enormous is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Push Gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
TP does push out the box without an exchange server. Windows Live has push email. I been using it since the Mogul. They should advertise this because this is definately a highlight.

All you have to do is sign up for a hotmail account and have your gmail (or anywhere else) forward to the hotmail account as well. Then go into the settings and make sure the email is set to receive when its delivered.

Some people says it doesn't work for them but they must be doing something wrong. I had this on my mogul, touch and now the Touch Pro. My TP sometimes get the mail faster then the computer.
Hey I'm giving the Windows Live email a try, after using Mail2Web for quite a while. Really hoping it improves my TP's battery life.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is if I can change my replied-from address. Is this possible? Would be perfect if it looked like it came from my gmail account.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by enormous View Post
Hey I'm giving the Windows Live email a try, after using Mail2Web for quite a while. Really hoping it improves my TP's battery life.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is if I can change my replied-from address. Is this possible? Would be perfect if it looked like it came from my gmail account.
setup a gmail account manually in your outlook mobile etc and don't have it schedule sync or anything. Thats the only way I can think of doing it.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
setup a gmail account manually in your outlook mobile etc and don't have it schedule sync or anything. Thats the only way I can think of doing it.
And then just copy and paste the email and reply from the gmail account? You can't just select which account to send from, you'd have to just reply from the gmail account without the senders text, right? Then you also would have to do a send/receive to send right? or does outlook send immediately? I haven't noticed because I've been using hotmail and it sends right away.......
Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz416 View Post
And then just copy and paste the email and reply from the gmail account? You can't just select which account to send from, you'd have to just reply from the gmail account without the senders text, right? Then you also would have to do a send/receive to send right? or does outlook send immediately? I haven't noticed because I've been using hotmail and it sends right away.......
I actually don't have this setup on my phone because I don't send emails from my phone, I just read 'em.

I BELIEVE when you reply, you CAN pick the email you want to send from if you have multiple email accounts on your Mobile Outlook.

try it out and see what happen
Old 11-17-2008, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b

Quote:

I believe this is the one snag with mail2web, you can't change the replied-from address, and remember that gmail forwarded to that account won't be kept on the gmail server. I have been reading that there's a "pay option" that allows SMTP on the site but I can't find it. I have heard someone mention that they are doing "reverse forwarding" from mail2web, so I wonder if that's how they get the mail to go back to gmail to be archived? I don't know how you'd do that without getting duplicate messages unless maybe you labeled all mail from "mail2web" to be labeled and archived, and not forwarded back to the mail2web account?

If anyone has instructions for this, I'd appreciate it!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Pls keep us updated on this, would be interested if this does help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro