PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro still out of stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RArcher View Post
If you guys know your Sprint store's number, I can check on their current inventory tomorrow at work for you.
I don't know the store numbers but they are the Oshkosh WI or Fond Du Lac WI stores. The guy I talked to said all Sprint stores in the area are out of stock.

Since you work for Sprint maybe you can answer a question for me. The Sprint stores are out of stock but yet they can order one for me and have it on tuesday. Is that because the insurance has them but Sprint doesn't or are Sprint stores just not keeping them in stock?
Old 11-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB 8350i, TP, TP2
Carrier: Sprint, Nextel

ZX6RArcher is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

At Sprint we actually don't do any ordering of accessories, phones, etcetera. The orders are generated at higher levels than the stores themselves. How they (whoever "they" are) determine what accessories and phones to order is beyond me. My guess is they look at past transaction history and "guess-timate" what to order and how many to prevent overstock issues since we do have to do periodic return to vendor shipments on items that have excessive stock. Retail consultants can order the phones and they will be shipped from the warehouse, exactly how we receive our daily shipments. All we can do is look at the open shipments and see what is contained on each shipping number and the quantities of each item. I hope this answers your question.

As far as the store numbers, are these the right locations?
Oshkosh, WI:
Sprint Store 3209
2060 S. Koeller Street Fond Du Lac, WI:
Sprint Store 3141
506 N. Rolling Meadows Drive

I'll check their inventory for the TP tomorrow and see what they have and shoot you a PM.
Sprint HTC TP - Energy ROM
Sprint HTC TP2 - Stock ROM
Yes... I have four cell phones... Thank god for Google Voice
Old 11-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
The problems I am having are:

-extremely hot battery/charging issues
-low earbud volume when using handsfree adapter and sometimes when using phone its self
-chipped chrome (not a huge deal to me)
-errors and crashes when using opera and other apps (sometimes requiring soft reset)
-raised buttons (again not a huge deal)

I'm sure I missed a few things but that is pretty much it. By the way my build date is 10/14 so it is likely I got a defective phone.
Try a hard reset before messing around exchanging. It should fix the random errors/crashes, may fix the volume issues and heat issues as well.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I'm sure I missed a few things but that is pretty much it. By the way my build date is 10/14 so it is likely I got a defective phone.

I have the same build date, but have not been having these problems, gets a little warm thats all. Whats the problem with the build date.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 11-16-2008, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RArcher View Post
At Sprint we actually don't do any ordering of accessories, phones, etcetera. The orders are generated at higher levels than the stores themselves. How they (whoever "they" are) determine what accessories and phones to order is beyond me. My guess is they look at past transaction history and "guess-timate" what to order and how many to prevent overstock issues since we do have to do periodic return to vendor shipments on items that have excessive stock. Retail consultants can order the phones and they will be shipped from the warehouse, exactly how we receive our daily shipments. All we can do is look at the open shipments and see what is contained on each shipping number and the quantities of each item. I hope this answers your question.

As far as the store numbers, are these the right locations?
Oshkosh, WI:
Sprint Store 3209
2060 S. Koeller Street Fond Du Lac, WI:
Sprint Store 3141
506 N. Rolling Meadows Drive

I'll check their inventory for the TP tomorrow and see what they have and shoot you a PM.
Yes that is the correct info. Thanks in advance for looking into it for me but it doesn't look good considering even all of the Best Buys in the area are out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Try a hard reset before messing around exchanging. It should fix the random errors/crashes, may fix the volume issues and heat issues as well.
Tried multiple hard resets among other things including registry edits and none of it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
I have the same build date, but have not been having these problems, gets a little warm thats all. Whats the problem with the build date.
From what I have read on multiple forums it looks like some (not all) of the phones with a build date before 10/19 may be defective but there is some debate about this so I am not sure. All I am sure of is my phone is defective.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wowitsjashon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to wowitsjashon Send a message via Yahoo to wowitsjashon Send a message via Skype™ to wowitsjashon

not any more. sprint.com has them back in stock ready to order
Old 12-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was about to post but u beat me. Good job, now we can get or phone the ones that have been waiting like me.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Damn.. I got happy a minute ago. If you check out the Sprint website... it shows that the pro is ordable. The out of stock message is not there nomore. I called them and they told me they still ahve none in stok. Wtf
Old 12-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Anyone been able to order it? I was told that they are still out of stock even thou their site says they have them? WTF! Anyone who did order it do you have a different number we can call?
Old 12-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned User

B ump........
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro