PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

leetsauce is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP Fails to Self Activate - Defect?

I received my Touch Pro via UPS on Monday, and promptly swapped the ESN on the Sprint website. The TP tried to automatically activate upon first boot. However, after several failed attempts, I decided to call Customer Care to activate it manually. Calls and text work perfectly, but data still refuses to connect.

I've tried the ##3282# method, and it did nothing. I've tried Update Profile, and it tells me "No profile update available."

I went to the Sprint Store today, and after waiting for almost an hour, the technician told me that is an outage with the self-activation system, according to Sprint after another customer's Instinct refused to self-activate. They said I should wait out until tomorrow night at the latest...

My question is, from 11/10 to 11/12, was anyone here able to successfully activate a Touch Pro via the "Hands Free Activation" without any problems? Also, does this seem like a problem on Sprint's side, or a defect?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am in the LA area.

Last edited by leetsauce; 11-12-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff
Re: TP Fails to Self Activate - Defect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetsauce View Post
I received my Touch Pro via UPS on Monday, and promptly swapped the ESN on the Sprint website. The TP tried to automatically activate upon first boot. However, after several failed attempts, I decided to call Customer Care to activate it manually. Calls and text work perfectly, but data still refuses to connect.

I've tried the ##3282# method, and it did nothing. I've tried Update Profile, and it tells me "No profile update available."

I went to the Sprint Store today, and after waiting for almost an hour, the technician told me that is an outage with the self-activation system, according to Sprint after another customer's Instinct refused to self-activate. They said I should wait out until tomorrow night at the latest...

My question is, from 11/10 to 11/12, was anyone here able to successfully activate a Touch Pro via the "Hands Free Activation" without any problems? Also, does this seem like a problem on Sprint's side, or a defect?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah... i used hands free activation on mine on the 11th.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:40 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
Yeah... i used hands free activation on mine on the 11th.
if you have a pro, change your phone info. please. op,when sprint has a problem they cant fix, its always some outside source or an act of god for the reason. never there problem.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-12-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lord-anubis is a n00b

I had the same problem yesterday, got mine at the BB in northridge, immediately went to the sprint store across the street, no luck, but the tech told me to be vigilant about it with sprint so I did, and after 40 minutes of actually good customer service and troubleshooting, We got it working by hard resetting and sending out a re-provision at the same time.

They said they are having a backlog due to the provisioning system f-ing up and all the pro's being activated on a daily basis.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
if you have a pro, change your phone info. please. op,when sprint has a problem they cant fix, its always some outside source or an act of god for the reason. never there problem.
Thanks for the reminder bud!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Lurker

jamthepearl is a n00b

I had the same problem last night and used the ##DATA# <enter MSL> edit Active Profile from a 0 to 1, saved, rebooted, and data was working. You just need to get your MSL from Sprint.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

leetsauce is just getting started

I've already tried that, it didn't work. Was your phone able to activate itself with Hands Free Activation? Mine gets stuck at that point. Manual activation will get my phone to do voice and text, but no data.

In an experiment, I tried to re-activate my Diamond on to the line, but found that it also failed to self-activate. Perhaps there really is an outage in the LA area?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dajeepman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dajeepman

when i got my phone by ups it would not auto activate.. I had to call to get it working.. and then data would not work so another call.. and now all good.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigmikemn is a n00b

Probably not a TP issue - Sprint is having provisioning issues nationwide. We are rolling out BlackBerrys and have had issues this week.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

levelbest is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikemn View Post
Probably not a TP issue - Sprint is having provisioning issues nationwide. We are rolling out BlackBerrys and have had issues this week.
Indeed - the systems are backed up. Had a problem activating, and they have been working on it since this morning... confirmed by 2 level 2 tech folks - there are issues right now with the provisioning.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro