PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I track an order from sprint retentions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
Well to make a long story short. I was online using sprints live internet chat and asked how much the touch pro would cost for my line. I was told that it would cost me a total of $124.99 (the rep misquoted me) and the rep put a note on my account for that price. I visited a couple stores and called telesales a few times and they wouldn't honor the account note. I called up retentions and talked to them a few times and they pushed my order through today.
Lucky B@$t@rd...lol. I was too excited to get it so I just agreed for the price they gave me. I still have a treo 800w that they gave me for $80 that I can sell anyways.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

SurfDan5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
Lucky B@$t@rd...lol. I was too excited to get it so I just agreed for the price they gave me. I still have a treo 800w that they gave me for $80 that I can sell anyways.

They didn't want to agree to the note in retentions but then when I mentioned that I have to pay everything on my sprint bill so why should do they get to pick and choose what notes they honor on an account they escalated my situation and agreed with me.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul --> HTC Touch Pro

therustytrombone is a n00b

Beware... Retentions gave me an order number on 11/4 and no tracking number showed up. They promised the phone overnight to arrive on 11/6. I called them back on 11/6 and they told me it was back ordered. I didn't receive any notice, not a call, email... nothing. I got extremely sour, they gave me a $50 credit for failing to notify me. I said I really needed a phone because my Mogul keeps freezing instantly and is unusable. They said they couldn't help me.. so I asked if I could go to a Sprint store and get the phone, they said yes and they would bill it to my account.

I had to call 5 stores in the area to find a store that had it in stock.. that was 11/6 around 3pm EDT.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack, I just don't want this happen to anyone else!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

SurfDan5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by therustytrombone View Post
Beware... Retentions gave me an order number on 11/4 and no tracking number showed up. They promised the phone overnight to arrive on 11/6. I called them back on 11/6 and they told me it was back ordered. I didn't receive any notice, not a call, email... nothing. I got extremely sour, they gave me a $50 credit for failing to notify me. I said I really needed a phone because my Mogul keeps freezing instantly and is unusable. They said they couldn't help me.. so I asked if I could go to a Sprint store and get the phone, they said yes and they would bill it to my account.

I had to call 5 stores in the area to find a store that had it in stock.. that was 11/6 around 3pm EDT.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack, I just don't want this happen to anyone else!

I completely understand what your saying. The Corporate Escalations manager who put my order through today told me I could go pick up a touch pro at the stores the way you described and the reason I didn't is because all the stores around me are out of them. I called around looking for one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro