PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 11:37 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: TouchPro Webcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmccormick View Post
FYI: I use OctroTalk for GoogleTalk and also installed OctroVideo to try to get video conferencing. It doesn't work through GoogleTalk's new video support though, only for other people also using OcrtoTalk on a Desktop or Mobile (no one I know). However, OctroVideo does allow streaming to a website which is exactly what you guys are looking for. I have only used it for a few min, but it seemed to work very, very well.
I have used Octro for months and it works great!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

EngineChauffer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineChauffer View Post
I have been using WebCamera Plus on my HTC (sprint) Touch Pro now for a couple of weeks. It works well in the "basic" mode (camera selected as source) but on the Camera+ mode, I can get it to bring up a nice picuture, but cannot get the application on my computer to connect with it. With the regular Camera setting, it connects no problem through ActiveSync and using the Wireless Lan feature to connect through my router to my computer and the program.

However the bacic "Camera" setting only broadcasts at 320x240 and I know our phones are capable of a much better picture and FPS than we get with WebCamera Plus. It just seems the program needs "tweaked" to run with our phones.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can anyone mod the program to work with our phones? Are there any new alternatives out there (I haven't found any but I thought I would ask).
So none of the software guys on this site can't tweak this program to run better on our phones? Maybe get the Camera+ setting to work? Anyone?
Old 04-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

EngineChauffer is a n00b

Bump.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Carrier: orange

bedobela is a n00b

I tried Webcamera Plus too but I finally ended up using mobiola web camera for Windows Moble.
The biggest problem with Webcamera Plus is that it stopped my normal camera from working...a pretty interesting thing so you can imagine that I removed it right away...

Mobiola works perfectly, it's relatively fast and has some basic functions.

I tried Qik too which is interesting but I don't want those features from my phone, I mean who is interested what I am doing.

I wanted to use the webcamera with yahoo messenger and skype it works with mobiola.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

Here's how to use your Touch Pro as a webcam for free- works with any app (like MSN IM) http://www.fuzemobility.com/using-yo...e-as-a-webcam/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro