PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: MMS on Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Just to throw a little more information about "picture mail" out there, I went on the picturemail website to check it out and see how to register. Tried to register my primary phone (mogul), but it wasn't recognizing my phone number. Sprint CS told me it was because the mogul doesn't support picture mail, but I went to register a couple of phones I just upgraded for my other two lines (one is a Samsung m520) and I noticed that, if you don't have a talk/data/share plan or a unlimited plan that includes picture mail, there's a charge for "vision" (which I didn't think they had anymore).

Anyway, don't know how that affects people with SERO plans (because I'm not too familiar with those), but for me it was completely free...so I didn't mind registering.
This is exactly what i'm saying. its free for people with sero or unlimited data plan. its a service that benefits the customer. We should be happy they don't just send it to our phones and delete them.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I believe you maybe right, but the way the app works, its like mms because it downloads the pic for you from the website, and when you send a pic mail the app logins into your sprint account and sends it for you also. This is why the pic is always on your phone and on your sprint account.
I'm not saying its bad or not mms like, it's definitely a nice feature and if it works like MMS that's great. I'm just pointing out, and agreeing with stroths, that it isn't 100% true MMS like most other providers do.

Also, I happen to have registered a while ago to test sMMS. I was able to register my Mogul fine.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I'm not saying its bad or not mms like, it's definitely a nice feature and if it works like MMS that's great. I'm just pointing out, and agreeing with stroths, that it isn't 100% true MMS like most other providers do.

Also, I happen to have registered a while ago to test sMMS. I was able to register my Mogul fine.
I have also had no problems registering with a mogul. I have and use sMMS on a regular basis, and with the latest version it works almost exactly like people are describing the new Diamond/TP app working. It intercepts the link and downloads new MMS messages automatically. Sounds like Sprint ripped off sMMS!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I hate calling it MMS. It's more like upload to picture mail site and then they send it out.
Maybe we should call it PMS. Since thats how it makes some people feel after trying to use it with another application running or sending a PMS message fro mthe album.
Thats the reason you have to set up a picture mail account on the site.
Other carriers MMS services dont work like that. Sprint's "MMS" is more like a hacked email message. With them being the MITM.

Last edited by marcus_cruz; 10-22-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
I hate calling it MMS. It's more like upload to picture mail site and then they send it out.
Thats the reason you have to set up a picture mail account on the site.
Other carriers MMS services dont work like that. Sprint's "MMS" is more like a hacked email message. With them being the MITM.
It does seem very flunky to say the least. It would be nice if they made it more like traditional MMS on the user end, yet maintained the PictureMail website. Using sMMS, I have come to enjoy the fact that messages are saved on the server, and I have my aresenal of tactless and tasteless forwarded messages no matter how many times I reflash!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
It does seem very flunky to say the least. It would be nice if they made it more like traditional MMS on the user end, yet maintained the PictureMail website. Using sMMS, I have come to enjoy the fact that messages are saved on the server, and I have my aresenal of tactless and tasteless forwarded messages no matter how many times I reflash!
I personally dont like the fact that my messages are stored on a public server. Those are personal. I dont want some hacker to get into my account and look at pictures of my family. Sprint had a flaw in the past that would allow you to get right into anyones picturemail account if you knew their phone number without a password. Google it.. With a bit of time and some leet skilz just about anyone could do it nowadays. I have found a few flaws in the system so far. I know the MMS process, I write MMS and SMS apps at work. We take the image and send it out over a GSM modem card. It then goes to our carrier and the goes through an MMS gateway. IDK.. I just wish sprint would stop trying to re-invent the wheel on so many levels. I understand thats part of progression and creativity, but they just suck at it. They need to start listening to customers needs.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
I personally dont like the fact that my messages are stored on a public server. Those are personal. I dont want some hacker to get into my account and look at pictures of my family. Sprint had a flaw in the past that would allow you to get right into anyones picturemail account if you knew their phone number without a password. Google it.. With a bit of time and some leet skilz just about anyone could do it nowadays. I have found a few flaws in the system so far. I know the MMS process, I write MMS and SMS apps at work. We take the image and send it out over a GSM modem card. It then goes to our carrier and the goes through an MMS gateway. IDK.. I just wish sprint would stop trying to re-invent the wheel on so many levels. I understand thats part of progression and creativity, but they just suck at it. They need to start listening to customers needs.
as a customer, I like the fact that my pics are stored on a server. If I lose my phone or hard reset it, all messages are gone. The fact that someone sent me a message and sprint backed it up for me, i kind of like it. i'm not worried about someone hacking into my account. I honestly don't think this would ever happen to me, or anyone. The only bad thing is if you have someones phone, you can go on to the website then click forgot password, it will then send the password to the device. if you have someones device you have someones password to there picmail until they change it.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Lurker

BeckyG is a n00b
Sprint Picture Mail

When sending a picture, the recipient doesn't ever receive it but I do! The message along with the picture is showing up in my Sprint Picture Mail inbox and not the sent box.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Sprint Picture Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyG View Post
When sending a picture, the recipient doesn't ever receive it but I do! The message along with the picture is showing up in my Sprint Picture Mail inbox and not the sent box.
Is it giving you any error messages when trying to send it?

Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Lurker

BeckyG is a n00b
Re: Sprint Picture Mail

No. It says sent but it sends it to me. It appears in my inbox like the person I sent it to actually sent it to me with their name & everything. My other e-mail accounts are working fine; if that makes a difference.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro