PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: MAJOR problem

Am I better off emailing ecare, or calling retentions?

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Hey, I was just coming on to post about the same problem. I'm in fringe EVDO/Sprint coverage, so my phone sits here constantly switching between 1x, EVDO, and Roaming. My phone misses most calls, VM alerts are lagged, texts are lagged bad. My mogul didn't do this. Also, randomly in the mornings I won't be able to receive texts, make calls, etc, even upon returning to coverage. I just get that error popup saying the number may be invalid or there may not be signal, even though I'm showing full EVDO. The only solution to that is to soft reset.

I'm thinking about calling retentions for an airave, but they just gave me a super deal on the Touch Pro so I don't know if I'd be calling back too soon.
Have you tried switching to Roam Only? I would give that a try first. But don't feel bad I am also looking into getting an Airave as well.. But Roam Only clears most of the issues that you describe for me.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

I didn't do the reg edit for roam only yet, but even still, it is a big pain to switch in and out of roam only every time I come/leave home.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I didn't do the reg edit for roam only yet, but even still, it is a big pain to switch in and out of roam only every time I come/leave home.
True, I have to do the same thing as well... but it is a simple fix and test you can try..
Old 11-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
Have you tried switching to Roam Only? I would give that a try first. But don't feel bad I am also looking into getting an Airave as well.. But Roam Only clears most of the issues that you describe for me.
Unfortunately this did not work for me. But, I have changed the cycle time and I seem to be in and out of coverage at work and I am receiving my calls. I will see how this works at home and also will have to try all the configs I listed in the OP tonight as well. Ugh!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Noob

Roam only, in my short limited testing, seems to be helping.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Roam only, in my short limited testing, seems to be helping.
Sprint only, Roam only.... No difference, still no luck. Downgraded my PRL to everyone that had EVDO and GPS, nothing. And it only happens when I am in "good" coverage areas. E-care still pushing the Airave at my expense. Also said I should go to a repair shop to see if I have updated software. I thought that was funny, considering the phone is only a week old. I still have another handset supposedly on its way (or back ordered), so maybe that will help. I am at my wits end on this problem. Was hoping someone on here had the same problem and could solve it. Horrible!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I am now in Phoenix, AZ and getting the same problem I had in Denver, CO.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Noob

I just shot off an email to ecare, see if they can get me a deal on a Airave. I'm not going to push it too hard after the deal they gave me on TP though.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Hard reset? If you are getting the problem all over I'm going to guess it's a software issue. I am in Phoenix and have never had any problems with calls going to VM whatsoever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro