PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems installing Gmail App on HTC Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Any reason you would use a Gmail app, rather than the pocket outlook program?

Pocket Outlook + Gmail Imap = great setup.
Pocket Outlook doesn't allow you to manually set your root folder, so there are still some pretty major issues with synching and mapping.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800, Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

RootWind is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lessnau View Post
I have used both apps now and find that the built in outlook app with gmail works better with the touch pro. With the gmail app you need to use the wheel and stylus much more as it does not scroll with the touch of a finger on the screen.

I also found it difficult how the gmail app collapses all labeled emails together so you find yourself doing lots of scrolling with the stylus or wheel if you get lots of emails.

I think I'll wait for a gmail app made for a TP screen.

Perhaps I'm using the gmail app wrong or there are some settings I missed. If so, let me know.
Are you sure you are using the newest mobile gmail? The newest version that was out finally adds touch scrolling, and label selection.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

John Lessnau is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootWind View Post
Are you sure you are using the newest mobile gmail? The newest version that was out finally adds touch scrolling, and label selection.
I downloaded it straight from m.google.com and I have label selections. However to select the labels to monitor, I need to click the wheel to get to select my labels that are below the bottom of the screen, I can't just push up on the touch screen.

I don't see any "about" screen that tells me the exact version I have.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC 6800)

tifxs is a n00b

Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread for my first post, but I recently inherited a Touch Pro. I flashed it to the latest stock Sprint ROM, and it's not bad, actually. I figure I'll start with stock and go from there.

Anyway, on to my question. I have two GMail accounts, one for personal, and one which I actually use as a backup account for work. (All work emails get automatically forwarded to the gmail acct.) The work one receives far too many emails each day to use pocket outlook on the TP. The setup I had on my Mogul was I used pocket outlook for my personal, and the Java Gmail app for my work email when not in front of my computer. It was a slick interface for accessing archived emails and quick replies when necessary, and way better than the Opera Gmail web access I'm trying to use now.

So, any suggestions? I need an updated Java ap, or some other clever way to have constant/on-demand access to 7 Gigs and 3 years of backed up emails for work.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro