PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grandmasterlarry is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can my old USB charger (PPC6700) work w/ the Touch Pro?

I had been using my 6800 charger since I have like 20 of them... and my phone went dead the led light where on I unplugged it and the screen wouldn’t come on did a reset and it wouldn’t come on at all... however I had been using that charger since I owned the phone (2 months) I don’t know if they are related or not
Old 12-30-2008, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

If you have an older motorola charger that is bigger, be careful.
I used one and the charge indicator leds moved more quikly and so I thought all was fine.
Then it got very warm, almost hot and when I unplugged this mourning I found out it did not charge, I presume the power (either voltage or amperes) was too high.
I got scared I damaged my phone or battery, but using original charger and standard motorola car charger worked fine.
battery charging normal, and LEDs moving at normal slow pace.
So if your touchpro gets warm or the LEDs rotate quiker, I would watch out it may not be charging...
Old 12-30-2008, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is too funny!!! Dude just walk into your local store and unplug the charger they have plugged into their TP. It will be a normal mini USB not the HTC type.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

using non standard chargers causes cancer HTC says so... oh wait ive been using razr and q chargers on my mogul and tp since I got them... Guess its off to chemo
Old 12-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

johnston21 is a n00b

Not only do I use my PPC-6700 charger on my TP, I also use it for charging my Playstation 3 controllers.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:44 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, why ask our advice if your not going to take it? it works, im using one now. if it dont work, flip it over and put it in the way it goes. bottom line, it works.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 12-31-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
op, why ask our advice if your not going to take it? it works, im sing one now. if it dont work, flip it over and put it in the way it goes. bottom line, it works.
+1 don't ask if you don't want the real answer, true you can foobar your usb port, but you can do that with the htc version as well.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

when i was new here i valued advice members gave me like tmz,rainfreak and coz to name a few, and still do. nobody like turbofool is going to give advice on a subject that could kill your phone if hes not sure it wont. 99% of the advice we give is tested in one way or another.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Samsung EPIX, Verizon XV-6700
Carrier: Verizon, AT&T

mtbrain is just getting started

Just to throw my 2 cents in.... I'm on the phone with support now becasue my TP won't charge with the miniUSB. I do think it is a problem with the USB port on the phone though becuase if I wiggle the HTC cable it quits charging as well. I had been using my XV6700 adapter too until this happened, so it does work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro