PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: AT&T

Jay A whY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jay A whY Send a message via MSN to Jay A whY Send a message via Yahoo to Jay A whY Send a message via Skype™ to Jay A whY
Can my old USB charger (PPC6700) work w/ the Touch Pro?

Can anyone here confirm if you are able to use an old PPC6700 USB charger (Output : 5V – 1A LPS) with the new Touch Pro without damaging it due to incorrect voltage.. Is the voltage output the same for both devices?.. I have about (4) spare PPC6700 USB chargers, & I really would like to use them w/ my new Touch Pro.. (Anxiously awaiting its arrival via UPS)
Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tphone is becoming a great contributor
Re: Can my old USB charger (PPC6700) work w/ the Touch Pro?

Yes, use mine all the time. Works well
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Any miniusb charger will work, as long as it is standard.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor

as long as its mini usb and +5v it will work. That is pretty much the standard for all usb chargers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 PM
N00b

identity is a n00b

I couldn't connect my 6700 usb cord to the TP when I tried it this morning. I don't have the wall charger to test if it works on the TP.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jay A whY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Jay A whY Send a message via MSN to Jay A whY Send a message via Yahoo to Jay A whY Send a message via Skype™ to Jay A whY
Unhappy Re: Can my old USB charger (PPC6700) work w/ the Touch Pro?

Ok... So I received my TP today, and was looking @ the charger it came with, one side of connecter is flat and it is not a regular mini USB connection.. I did try using my old PPC6700 USB charger, and it charged the TP, but the connection doesn’t seem secure.. If you look inside the USB cable that came with the TP, the contact/female connection looks a little different, compared to a normal mini USB connection.. I really don't feel comfortable using my old PPC6700 USB charger with my new TP, looks like I’ll have to spend more money on accessories….
Old 11-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

oh for crying out loud its not difficult.

USB IS USB.

The touch pro itself has a proprietary HTC usb port, of which a standard USB cable wil also fit. The mogul had the same port. Its to allow special HTC cables to work with their phones and not others. Again, a regular mini usb plug, which your charger is, will fit just fine.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:48 PM
N00b

haroonie is a n00b

when i first got my mogul when it first came out, it was working great. then i used a random generic mini usb cord from an old mini hdd from hong kong to sync and half the keys stopped working / keyboard didnt light up any longer.

charger should work fine though, but just an fyi about my experience with mini usb..
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay A whY View Post
Ok... So I received my TP today, and was looking @ the charger it came with, one side of connecter is flat and it is not a regular mini USB connection.. I did try using my old PPC6700 USB charger, and it charged the TP, but the connection doesn’t seem secure.. If you look inside the USB cable that came with the TP, the contact/female connection looks a little different, compared to a normal mini USB connection.. I really don't feel comfortable using my old PPC6700 USB charger with my new TP, looks like I’ll have to spend more money on accessories….
They are designed to support standard USB chargers. Just use it. It's perfectly safe, and perfectly standard, and the entire reason they designed the port that way. Otherwise they would have made it not fit and not charge the phone. Relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroonie View Post
when i first got my mogul when it first came out, it was working great. then i used a random generic mini usb cord from an old mini hdd from hong kong to sync and half the keys stopped working / keyboard didnt light up any longer.

charger should work fine though, but just an fyi about my experience with mini usb..
Which would be evidence that you had either a really bad coincidental failure, or a really poor-quality cable that had a short in it. Either way, this has nothing to do with it being mini-USB.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jay A whY is a n00b
Talking Re: Can my old USB charger (PPC6700) work w/ the Touch Pro?

Alright.. Let’s just say I take yall word on this situation, & then things start to F-Up.. Yall are going to buy my accessories!.. So I'm charging it to the know it all!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro