PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: Sprint

allanak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak
Re: Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
The GSM version did not fit for me
So as to keep the theme of this thread...you may need to look into the Magnum size protectors

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo
Old 11-02-2008, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

it took me 2 mins to put on the screen protector... here is the trick... don't remove the screen protector from the shield it comes in.. apply it onto the phone as you would do a band aid..

first lining up the earpiece hole and go from there... easy and zero bubbles!
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 11-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

I have two children....
so, my advice is always use protection!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

when I look at the boxwave site it looks like the screen protector covers the whole front face of the pro- will having a protector over the lower portion affect the capacitive properties?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
when I look at the boxwave site it looks like the screen protector covers the whole front face of the pro- will having a protector over the lower portion affect the capacitive properties?
I would take a wild guess that considering the company's very long history and level of support among users, they wouldn't be selling it if it did.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My whole take on the screen protector is simple Fingers Make Scratches! I never used a screen protector with any of my Treos it just wasn't needed I was either using the qwerty or the styli. But when I got the original sprint touch I realized this wasn't the same situation so I recommend that if your using your fingers on the screen use a screen protector
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 3

onthehunt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
I used the Boxwave on my Instinct, and it covered the entire surface, similar to the TP. Had no problems at all with touch responsiveness in any area of the screen. Instinct has haptic touch, and the Boxwave protector doesn't hinder that at all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 PM
N00b

hd_08 is a n00b

So I totally messed up the screen protector that came with it, what else can I buy to use with it?
Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
I used the Boxwave on my Instinct, and it covered the entire surface, similar to the TP. Had no problems at all with touch responsiveness in any area of the screen. Instinct has haptic touch, and the Boxwave protector doesn't hinder that at all.
"Haptic" touch has nothing to do with capacitive touch. All "haptic" touch is is that the device vibrates whenever you press an on-screen button. This works just fine with resistive touchscreens, which is good, since that's what the Instinct uses, as does essentially every touchscreen phone except the iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_08 View Post
So I totally messed up the screen protector that came with it, what else can I buy to use with it?
Thanks
Read the thread you're in. We've already discussed several options, such as the Boxwave ClearTouch.

Last edited by TurboFool; 11-03-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

really dumb question...but i have no instructions on how to put this screen protector on. how did you put it on? the one that came with the phone that is...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro