PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42398)

codyppc 10-31-2008 10:32 AM

Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use?

Who uses screen protectors?

i use to use them all the time, but the last few devices i have not been using them and liked it better.

stylus works better. finger swipes are better. cleans up easier.

with the new touch pro i am woundering.

Thanks, Cody

DOUBLEVISION 10-31-2008 10:35 AM

Re: Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use?

It's better to be safe than sorry. I'm planning on using mine. It also depends on how careful you are with your toys.

Young_breedent 10-31-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codyppc (Post 487493)
Who uses screen protectors?

i use to use them all the time, but the last few devices i have not been using them and liked it better.

stylus works better. finger swipes are better. cleans up easier.

with the new touch pro i am woundering.

Thanks, Cody

The screen protector that the diamond and the pro come with are GREAT. If you take your time putting it on correctly you wont even notice that it's on there. It's also easy to clean i would recommend using it. Wouldn't want to scratch that brand new VGA screen now would we???? :-)

Baffles 10-31-2008 10:48 AM

I can't get mine to go on well, so I'm running without it right now. Though I already have a TINY scratch on my screen somehow. Its not noticeable unless you look for it, but I know its there so it bugs me for some reason.

TheMostToys 10-31-2008 11:03 AM

Wrap that rascal. Sure it feels better without one but one mistake and you will have to live with it for life (of the phone). ;-)

Baffles 10-31-2008 11:08 AM

Just send it back for insurance replacement. :P

Justin311 10-31-2008 11:13 AM

Use it. All mine get scratched invariably.

Cicatrize 10-31-2008 11:59 AM

The only screen protectors I do like are the ones that come with the Touch, Touch Pro, and Diamond. They're fantastic. They're smoother than the naked screen, and they help protect nicely, and still make it look nice.

It'd be retarded to not use it. I accidentally scratched the crap out of my screen protector on my Touch, so I had to remove it. I was using the stupid ones that bubble up and are adhesive for a while, but I stopped because they suck. Within a couple months, my screen looked terrible. I would highly advise against a naked screen, especially with a flush screen device.

steveholtam 10-31-2008 12:22 PM

The included screen protector is very nice, and like another poster said, you will not even notice it. The finger swipes and such also seem to work BETTER with it on.

35mm 10-31-2008 12:35 PM

For the people who use screen protectors, I ask why? This is not a 4th gen ipod where if you breath on it the screen scratches. Both my 6700 and my 6800 have lived in my pocket for years unprotected and I have never had a problem. There may be a slight chance of a scratch but I don't see it.

Look at it like this. You are having sex with a girl who you know has no diseases and is on the pill. Would you wear a condom?

It feels so much better without and it is less of a hassle (in both cases).