PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

scott31337 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use?

I had the stock one on for about two days - and it was working fine, but I guess I did not have it on properly because I put it in the case and it caught and made a nice crease in it. So I went to the mall and had one of those body glove guys put one on it. From the results I had with my touch, I would highly recommend the stock one if put on correctly, or an aftermarket one.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

stevenmh is becoming a great contributor

FYI... the screen does scratch easily. After using screen protectors on my PDAs for 8 years, I gave nakedness a try. I've gone bare for a week, and have a light vertical scratch on the right side from scrolling up/down in Resco Explorer w/ the stylus. You can really only see it in explorer... the bright white beneath makes it kind of 'sparkle.' With dark background or screen off, you have to know where to look and angle it in the light to see it. But I can't imagine how bad it would look in a couple years.

So I've got the stock protector on right now... seems to be cut just a fraction of a molecule too wide at the top left... can't get it to lay down, even though it's perfect around the rest of the perimeter and the speaker. But it will do for a couple weeks until something else is available. I really wanted to put screen protectors behind me... they look so crappy after awhile and who wants to stand in a steamy bathroom pushing bubbles... but apparently they still can't make a touchscreen capable of withstanding... touching.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmh View Post
but apparently they still can't make a touchscreen capable of withstanding... touching.
You mean HTC, right? I know for a fact that the iPhone's glass screen is amazingly resiliant to scratching... unfortunately, given the nature of resitive-touch, we cannot do glass...

I vote for infrared touch screens!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:00 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom

anybody else notice that the Boxwave TP CDMA link is broken and you just end up back at the home page?

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...-cdma_3315.htm

i hope they fix it soon my screen protector isnt on soo good
Old 11-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

just curious- can you actually buy the screen protector that came in the box from anywhere?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

enormous is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
just curious- can you actually buy the screen protector that came in the box from anywhere?
I am wondering the same thing. I put my stock one on the first time, and it was flawless except for one edge didn't line up correctly. After reading that I could wash it and try again, I took it off and tried for about 30 minutes to get it back on and looking good. No dice. Between tiny pieces of dust giving me bubbles or smudges on the bottom, it looks horrible now.

I told my wife what I had done, and she wasn't surprised. I never can leave well enough alone.

I'm also regretting not keeping the screen protector from the TP I exchanged on Saturday for this one!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
"Haptic" touch has nothing to do with capacitive touch. All "haptic" touch is is that the device vibrates whenever you press an on-screen button. This works just fine with resistive touchscreens, which is good, since that's what the Instinct uses, as does essentially every touchscreen phone except the iPhone.
And the T-Mobile G1, FYI...it's capacitive as well...

Last edited by jaytv; 11-04-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor

PPCTechs said the Writeshields will hopefully be in the end of the week. Best protectors I've ever seen or used!

Has anyone had the experience with the Stock protector that the top layer of the plastic starts to flake or peel off? Its like the hard coating just doesn't hold up to rolling the protector onto the screen when applied.

This happened with my Diamond a little bit, and with my Touch Pro so much I had to take scotch tape to the screen to pull all the top flaky layer off. Now it looks strange, to say the least.

Anyone?

Last edited by jaytv; 11-04-2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
anybody else notice that the Boxwave TP CDMA link is broken and you just end up back at the home page?

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...-cdma_3315.htm

i hope they fix it soon my screen protector isnt on soo good
I ordered and today I receveived an e-mail saying the CDMA version would not be available until December...

Where can I find a screen protector NOW as I ruined the stock one.
Don't ever take that one off and try to clean it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott31337 View Post
I had the stock one on for about two days - and it was working fine, but I guess I did not have it on properly because I put it in the case and it caught and made a nice crease in it. So I went to the mall and had one of those body glove guys put one on it. From the results I had with my touch, I would highly recommend the stock one if put on correctly, or an aftermarket one.
Same exact thing happened to me with the velcro and creased it at the bottom corner.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro