PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good music player?

Is there any player that will stream .asx files?

http://fresh.fm/media/audio/FreshFM.asx

That is what I want to stream, but my phone says error look at details, so I look at the details and the phone says error look at details lol.

I was hoping that the default player would play them (windows media). Do I have to be connect via wifi or something to play it?
Old 10-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
So I tried out that mort player guy...and while I like the skin the way to select music seems awful. I like Audio Manager because it keeps the menus current...in Mort I can't select to play "all songs" which is a must for me. Also, I use an 8 GB card so by having Audio Manager have everything pre-loaded is a must...I might try out Coreplayer but I would need to see shots first. I appreciate everyone's help in this...it's just driving me crazy. If the Sprint player would keep a cache of everything or something it'd be great, but it freezes up constantly plus it doesn't have a stand alone player which sucks. Mort would be fine if the file selection wasn't so awful. Ideas?
You do know that you can create playlists, right? Even with the freeware version, TCPMP, you can set-up the order of songs, and then save it as... to save it as a playlist (.pls) file. Then, you can label it On The Road... or what ever suits your fancy,
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 10-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Threadstarter

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
You do know that you can create playlists, right? Even with the freeware version, TCPMP, you can set-up the order of songs, and then save it as... to save it as a playlist (.pls) file. Then, you can label it On The Road... or what ever suits your fancy,
Yea I know...and it is sensible but honestly I like being able to play groups of songs on the fly by either author, album, or all songs without having to pre-establish anything. The Mort player file selection is not even remotely user friendly, especially while driving. I haven't looked into TCPMP yet so I can't speak for that.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Yea I know...and it is sensible but honestly I like being able to play groups of songs on the fly by either author, album, or all songs without having to pre-establish anything. The Mort player file selection is not even remotely user friendly, especially while driving. I haven't looked into TCPMP yet so I can't speak for that.
I think S2P has that "play by author," but I am not positive, as I don't use it regularly.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

So I gave Coreplayer a try...it's playback is excellent...I would kill for a manual, however. It's pretty confusing to say the least...but I'm hoping I can figure it out. I'm downloading Pocket Tunes now to check that one out.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:36 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

pocket player is the bomb!

Old 10-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Pocket Player is also like $38. Yikes.

Kind of an update. Pocket Player comes up weird as hell on here, so I'm not messing with it currently. Coreplayer seems awesome...but one problem I'm having is that when I go into all of my music by "All artists," I can't scroll past the first like 7 songs. I can, but the screen doesn't move down and I have no clue what I'm seeing. I think if I could fix this I'd be good. Any ideas?

Last edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot; 10-31-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
Is there any player that will stream .asx files?

http://fresh.fm/media/audio/FreshFM.asx

That is what I want to stream, but my phone says error look at details, so I look at the details and the phone says error look at details lol.

I was hoping that the default player would play them (windows media). Do I have to be connect via wifi or something to play it?
--------------

That's a streaming audio file... opened on my desktop in Windows Media Player. Yes, you need to have a data connection going in order to play it. It should play in WMP on your device.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny152 View Post
--------------

That's a streaming audio file... opened on my desktop in Windows Media Player. Yes, you need to have a data connection going in order to play it. It should play in WMP on your device.
I tried it many times with no love. Have a saved asx file on my TP and still won't open it... just errors out.

Acquired Coreplayer 1.2.5 and works perfectly!!! Couldn't be happier!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
+1 for S2P ... But i prefer Mortplayer myself i use it and the qVista skin it has a car skin with big buttons to make it easy to use w/ on screen controls and easy to use while driving. I mainly use mortplayer bc of the features and its ability to play online streaming music from shoutcast. It has memory that saves audio and eq settings on exit. So it resumes where you left it off regardless if you have volume up or down, nice feature to just launch it let it go and start driving no need to fiddle with it unless you want to.

this is a nice player althought for some reason my music sounds very slow.. like if the artist were sleepy and it does that with all my music any ideas how to fix this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro