PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hsanchez is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BB, upgrade eligibility question

the girl @ bb gave me a full 150 off and i was 11 months into my 2 yr contract.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

All these stories about people on SERO getting deals are giving me hope yet makes me slightly jealous at the same time.

So I'm on the SERO plan and signed up for RewardZone through Best Buy to get the additional 20% off. Sprint agreed to make me eligible for the 2-year upgrade price of $299. I've gone to 2 Best Buy stores and I keep getting errors when trying to purchase through them. Telesales keeps telling me I need to purchase the phone through Telesales only if I want to renew my SERO account and get the phone. The problem is, I want that 20% off. I tried following what others have done on this forum, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumanderelict View Post
All these stories about people on SERO getting deals are giving me hope yet makes me slightly jealous at the same time.

So I'm on the SERO plan and signed up for RewardZone through Best Buy to get the additional 20% off. Sprint agreed to make me eligible for the 2-year upgrade price of $299. I've gone to 2 Best Buy stores and I keep getting errors when trying to purchase through them. Telesales keeps telling me I need to purchase the phone through Telesales only if I want to renew my SERO account and get the phone. The problem is, I want that 20% off. I tried following what others have done on this forum, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?
Your Best Buy Mobile people are stupid or something. For SERO users, they have to call Sprint for permission to upgrade the account. Tell them you're on an employee referral account and they need to call Sprint to authorize.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyun1120 View Post
Quick question on upgrade eligibility.

Im pretty sure most of us that are getting the diamond touch pro is moving from either a touch or a mogul to diamond touch pro.

If that is the case, we shoulnt be eligible for full upgrade credit of $150 /w 2 year contract, cuz we would not meet the requirement of having the phone for over 22 months.

I was one of the early adapter to mogul, and I am not eligible for $150 credit until mid of year 2009.

I just want to know how ppl are getting the $299 deal + 20%, when they are not even eligible for the full upgrade.

I have one on hold for me until tonight, I just want to make sure I get all the discount I could get.

Thanks in advance for any input
I have 9 lines of service so one of them is eligible whenever I am ready for a new phone, also the other 8 people that have phones dont care what one they get and are happy to take my rather new PPC's off my hands so I can use their upgrade credit.
________
Effects of zoloft

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul -> HTC TOUCH PRO

lili4311 is a n00b

I'm getting my Pro ordered from Sprint for free on Monday. My Mogul was screwed up from the beginning and the insurance one's have been also. Since Sprint REALLY likes Premier customers, they offered to order me a Diamond or Pro after I sent them an e-mail explaining all my frustration I LOVE SPRINT!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

is there a difference between Premiere customers and SERO?

i would guess that paying the $7 a month for TEP would kind of give you more of a chance to upgrade too.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Lurker

lili4311 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin-asian View Post
is there a difference between Premiere customers and SERO?

i would guess that paying the $7 a month for TEP would kind of give you more of a chance to upgrade too.
I read at a Sprint place that Premier customers have been with Sprint for a while or have paid a $60 phone bill or more for the past six months...I think Not 100% on SERO yet. But ever since they've considered me one, everything has been easier to do. I've even made them give my bill discounts before for their screwups, and they've been nice about it. I suggest emailing them for better service though. I called *2 before emailing, and the lady told me that I had to wait for an upgrade to get out of my phone! But my email was answered quickly and after telling them everything I've gone through with the Mogul, they agreed to give me either a Diamond or Pro for my problematic Mogul
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili4311 View Post
I read at a Sprint place that Premier customers have been with Sprint for a while or have paid a $60 phone bill or more for the past six months...I think Not 100% on SERO yet. But ever since they've considered me one, everything has been easier to do. I've even made them give my bill discounts before for their screwups, and they've been nice about it. I suggest emailing them for better service though. I called *2 before emailing, and the lady told me that I had to wait for an upgrade to get out of my phone! But my email was answered quickly and after telling them everything I've gone through with the Mogul, they agreed to give me either a Diamond or Pro for my problematic Mogul
dang. ive been on SERO since day 1, but never missed a payment or late so i was hoping they would hook me up. ive had numerous problems with my Mogul and it took a contract extension to get the Diamond which i later swapped for the Touch Pro.

oh well, for $28 a month i feel special enough
Old 10-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

all i know is bb gave me the phone for $330 with a two upgrade + sprint credited me $75. so technically i've paid $155 for the tp, and i'm nowhere near eligible for a two year upgrade. i didn't care who screwed up, i just paid, and got the hell out of store.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Lurker

lili4311 is a n00b

Best Buy does that a lot. My boyfriend fgot a badass tv for the price of last year's model...We left quickly too

Last edited by lili4311; 11-04-2008 at 12:11 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro