PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
ok so i'm liking the new seidio options. they can be found here http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2762

The only problem i have is price. $30 for a cover? that seems a little expensive for me. 29 for a spring clip holder?

I bought the combo for my titan, spring clip, extended battery (the big one), and rubberized covers (including the extended battery rubber cover) and it was great! Sure about $100 bucks work, but the battery was the most expensive item. So is the clip and cover really worth $50?

My only concern is that any cover will hinder the touching ability of the screen. Thinking back on the titan that was my only complaint: the bevel around the screen made it a pain in the *** to touch the corners.

What do you guys think about seidio's price.
And what do you guys think about covers? Do they allow you to easily access the corners of the screen?
i hear ya about the case on the phone.. i love that the screen isnt recessed back with a border.. i like the infinity look so getting the seidio case will hide also the beauty of the crome ....

i am thinking the clip .. i have had them for my treo 700, 755 and htc touch.. now looking to get for the pro... i am just in the same bought as with u guys with the price.. but they got us by the balls here... is there any other place that has holsters for this thing

i always had issues with that clip hitting things and phone popping up ... sometimes when getting out of the car ... i like how quick it is to get phone in and out of holster... but it comes out just as quick by accident sometimes too .. haha
Old 12-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
i hear ya about the case on the phone.. i love that the screen isnt recessed back with a border.. i like the infinity look so getting the seidio case will hide also the beauty of the crome ....

i am thinking the clip .. i have had them for my treo 700, 755 and htc touch.. now looking to get for the pro... i am just in the same bought as with u guys with the price.. but they got us by the balls here... is there any other place that has holsters for this thing

i always had issues with that clip hitting things and phone popping up ... sometimes when getting out of the car ... i like how quick it is to get phone in and out of holster... but it comes out just as quick by accident sometimes too .. haha
Well the seidio is awesome, the clip for my titan only let the phone fall out once in almost 2 years? now. It was when i went to lunch with my friends and I was in the front passenger seat of a car. Somehow while taking off my seatbelt it grazed it and popped out without me feeling/knowing it. I thought I had lost my phone and flipped out. The ho's we went to lunch with were like "who cares, it's just a phone, you have insurance right?" And i was like "you do't know how much my phone costs and thats not even the important part, i have a 2GB memory card with sensitive info on it" hahaha

That being said, i take uber care of my phone for several reasons... but being a biker, the clip has never let me down! So i love seidio, i just don't love their prices lol

Worth mentioning, i love the hump! Makes the phone feel better (i like big) and easier to hold. Sure it's heavier, but feels better in the hand and more secure (especially with the rubber guards).

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

untouchablez is just getting started

I was really hoping Seidio would be able to make an extended battery cover that didn't have a hump. Oh well I guess this is better than nothing.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...CY20HTCH2%2DBK

Last edited by untouchablez; 12-12-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

Damn having that hump sucks, but I want the extended battery!!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

http://blog.midnightmods.com/2008/12...touch-pro.html

I reviewed it, worth all 29 dollars.
Its a sweet clip.
It's better then any of my Motorola clips I've had for my nextels

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 12-12-2008, 11:14 PM
VIP Member

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
http://blog.midnightmods.com/2008/12...touch-pro.html

I reviewed it, worth all 29 dollars.
Its a sweet clip.
It's better then any of my Motorola clips I've had for my nextels
u also decided to keep phone naked with no innocase huh ... such a nice phone to cover up ...

for 29.99 they should at least do free ground shipping ... geesh
Old 12-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Lurker

pkripper67 is a n00b

Yep! I just found that htcdepot.com is pretty well stocked with accessories, etc.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:22 AM
VIP Member

seidio sale!

THE coupon just pisses me off... with the amount of limitations it has ... first u can only use during certain dates for certain products and two ... u have to spend $50 or more...

either let the person use anytime they want and get $5 off a $50 purchase or let them use during the certain dates mentioned but get the $5 off the case, holster .. etc.. whatever the item might be without a minn purchase of $50 ...

cmon sedio the coupon is for $5 off not 50% ... geesh ... the cheapest shipping to me is $5.90 ... that dam #$% coupon doesnt even give me free shipping ....

they are just way overpriced and offer redicoulous coupons ... has anyone seen another holster around for the treo pro?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Charger-Hols...3A1%7C294%3A50 --> garbage

$35.85 for a plastic rubber coated holster ... cmon now ... it shoud be a medal material coated with rubber spray...

sorry for venting ... i was real close to purchasing just the holster and using the $5 off coupon and the coupon is not valid on the $30 purchase
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dec_Promotion.jpg (234.0 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by itouch24; 12-13-2008 at 09:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Lurker

memo is a n00b

I just received my custom EaseCase for the Touch Pro today.
The quality and workmanship put into this is outstanding. Not to mention that it's all fully customizable. I just love it!

Anyway, here's a few pictures of mine:

Last edited by memo; 12-13-2008 at 02:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:08 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

just received my Red Rubberized cover and CLear cover from Daydeal. the Red Rubberized cover does not fit as great as the as tight as the Sprint Textured one, but it still fits great. Its feels great in the hand too. THe clear case is the exact same case that is selling on Ebay for $9. The front cover is a little flemsy if your looking for protection if if it hits the ground, this aint it. THe back cover is really sturdy though. Since I'm going to be using the case I talked about from Best Buy a couple post up, I'm not worried. I usually never drop my phone, but I did and that what made me get a case. (I took the phone I dropped back and got a new. LOL)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro