PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Windows Mobile Pro 6.1)

david754 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Keyboard not working in LogmeIn

FIX TO KEYBOARD TROUBLE!!

SEE BELOW:

IT WORKS FINE!

YOU MUST USE "KEYBOARD" layout.

There are several types of Keyboards on Windows Mobile 6.1 (but they may seem hidden or broken at times)

-Keypad
-Compact qwerty (crackberry style)
-Full qwerty (normal keyboard)
-Keyboard (a full standard keyboard with arrows, and tab and everything)
-transcriber

You will find that with some programs, it REQUIRES that you MUST USE KEYBOARD, and it will switch to a different looking keyboard. Example: OPERA MOBILE 9.5 BETA (you can use the qwerty board, but it will always open with the "keyboard")

You can change it yourself!

HERE'S HOW! (read below for a more "advanced" way of changing it)

Open the keyboard in another program and click the little ARROW UP that shows up beside the keyboard. Then choose "KEYBOARD" or OTHER INPUT METHODS.

You can go to the ENTIRE KEYBOARD MENU from there, go OTHER IUNPUT METHODS and then OPTIONS.

Now open the keyboard in logmein, it will be the FULL SIZE KEYBOARD and it works!

FYI: FOR YOU ADVANCED USERS, that can quickly click on buttons. If using LOGMEIN in IE, when you first click on REMOTE DESKTOP, it will pop up for a few seconds and say "Your PC's desktop is loading and will appear shortly." . . . . if you look below, you can see a keyboard, QUICKLY click on it and then choose "keyboard" and that way you don't always have to go to another program to change your settings (if you prefer the full qwerty like me).

I know that this will resolve ALL OF YOUR KEYBOARD ISSUES!!!

Hope it helps!

Last edited by david754; 12-27-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bradtsg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by david754 View Post

SEE BELOW:

IT WORKS FINE!

YOU MUST USE "KEYBOARD" layout.

There are several types of Keyboards on Windows Mobile 6.1 (but they may seem hidden or broken at times)

-Keypad
-Compact qwerty (crackberry style)
-Full qwerty (normal keyboard)
-Keyboard (a full standard keyboard with arrows, and tab and everything)
-transcriber

You will find that with some programs, it REQUIRES that you MUST USE KEYBOARD, and it will switch to a different looking keyboard. Example: OPERA MOBILE 9.5 BETA (you can use the qwerty board, but it will always open with the "keyboard")

You can change it yourself!

HERE'S HOW! (read below for a more "advanced" way of changing it)

Open the keyboard in another program and click the little ARROW UP that shows up beside the keyboard. Then choose "KEYBOARD" or OTHER INPUT METHODS.

You can go to the ENTIRE KEYBOARD MENU from there, go OTHER IUNPUT METHODS and then OPTIONS.

Now open the keyboard in logmein, it will be the FULL SIZE KEYBOARD and it works!

FYI: FOR YOU ADVANCED USERS, that can quickly click on buttons. If using LOGMEIN in IE, when you first click on REMOTE DESKTOP, it will pop up for a few seconds and say "Your PC's desktop is loading and will appear shortly." . . . . if you look below, you can see a keyboard, QUICKLY click on it and then choose "keyboard" and that way you don't always have to go to another program to change your settings (if you prefer the full qwerty like me).

I know that this will resolve ALL OF YOUR KEYBOARD ISSUES!!!

Hope it helps!

This fix didn't work for me. Anyone else have any luck with it? I wish logmein would just fix the issue. I could have swore before I did a hard reset a couple days ago my keyboard was working fine in Log Me in.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

k for tp is what i've been using and it works fine. just have to remember to enable it once the windows logon screen and disable it when u're done.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

augie0041 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwin View Post
k for tp is what i've been using and it works fine. just have to remember to enable it once the windows logon screen and disable it when u're done.
Is there a way to write a short program using mortscript to do this automatically?
Ideally, the mortscript would:
1. Open KforTouchPro and enable it
2. Launch LogMeIn shortcut (I have a desktop shortcut saved in the root of my Storage Card that launches my computer in one click)
3. Opens KforTouchPro and disables it after use.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie0041 View Post
Is there a way to write a short program using mortscript to do this automatically?
Ideally, the mortscript would:
1. Open KforTouchPro and enable it
2. Launch LogMeIn shortcut (I have a desktop shortcut saved in the root of my Storage Card that launches my computer in one click)
3. Opens KforTouchPro and disables it after use.
The SIP changer caused my TP to stop booting after the splash screen. I had to restart cause of it. From what I can gather on the forums, I'm not the only one who had this problem either.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

augie0041 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
The SIP changer caused my TP to stop booting after the splash screen. I had to restart cause of it. From what I can gather on the forums, I'm not the only one who had this problem either.
Why did you bring up SIP changer? Isnt that used mainly for changing the startup keyboard? I'm looking to temporarily change the setting within KforTouchPro in order to use LogMeIn. Anyone have a suggestion for that Mortscript solution I suggested two posts ago?
Old 01-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

filteroff is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie0041 View Post
Why did you bring up SIP changer? Isnt that used mainly for changing the startup keyboard? I'm looking to temporarily change the setting within KforTouchPro in order to use LogMeIn. Anyone have a suggestion for that Mortscript solution I suggested two posts ago?

+1
I sometimes forget to turn off KforTouchPro. When I reset my phone it will lock it and you will end up with the white screen of death. Only way out is to hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro