PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2009, 10:37 AM
etc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

etc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Battery life!!! Post your reviews!!

Fully charged at 6PM, don't use it the rest of the day or the night and it's dead at 5% at 7AM. Nothing but ActiveSync. It doesn't make it 12 hours without a charger. Just absurd.

I thought this was a mobile phone... yet this thing lives connected to the charger half the time. So much that the other day I thought I would top it off (it can go from 50% to 5% in no time at all) and left, forgetting it at home.

Not only that but constant recharge cycles are hard on Li-Ion cells, these cells are not infinite and after a certain number of cycles, they won't take a full charge and eventually fail. A much bigger cell that would have fewer charge cycles due to its large capacity would last much longer.

The Mugen 3,000 mAh cell is still not enough and worse, it's a patch, an after thought instead of an integral design of the device. Makes it look like a brick. I don't mind if it's big as long as it's flatter than that. One other benefit of making it bigger with a 6,000 mAh cell is that you could have a bigger keyboard instead of this tiny thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro