PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP Software Issues/Unresolved Issues/Feature Requests

Nope, mine doesn't do word suggestion anywhere . . .
Old 10-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

im curious if anyone else has notice how the handsets earpiece isnt all that great... its very muffled and dim, the speaker phone on the other hand is amazing, but when i try to use the handset itself it really sounds less than average

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 10-25-2008, 02:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

also with the pictures tab, i have all the pics on my memory card being read on my touch pro... but when i flick down.. by time i get to the 3rd picture, touchflo completely resets itself and sends me back to the home tab... no matter which album i set for the favorite, it will do the same thing... anyone else?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
also with the pictures tab, i have all the pics on my memory card being read on my touch pro... but when i flick down.. by time i get to the 3rd picture, touchflo completely resets itself and sends me back to the home tab... no matter which album i set for the favorite, it will do the same thing... anyone else?

See here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41387

The solution is pretty much, remove all old pics from your Mogul.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Lurker

zexion is a n00b

well Im having the same issue with the weather everyone else is having. Im posting this from the pro and it not auto completing in opera, but it was working in txt and emails. Probably some funky Opera text box glitch.

I have been using the phone non stop since around 9pm and im happy to say battery is still kicking and i dont feel its that warm at all (then again the mogul has no temperature at all so i can see how this isnt good for some people.

The home interface seems glitchy... sometimes flicks work sometimes it doesnt...kinda annoying.

Finally, Opera is great step up from IE but I still like skyfire best... Opera better get flash and ajax support or its going to be left behind. Or maaybe HTC needs to look into using skyfire for their next phone. (HD PRO with wimax anyone? )
Old 10-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
anyone else have funky keyboard backlighting, or is it just me? mine is brightest around the 2/3 buttons, 6, and 0/-/backspace.
Yeah on my keyboard 1, 2, and 3 and bright on the left side, and the 0, -, = keys are brighter on the right side. I was a little disappointed about it, but nothing I can't live with.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

stilll have gps
Quote:
Originally Posted by toinejuan View Post
after you change the com port be sure to reset the device, also if you can use Google Maps. I don't know why but for some reason it communicates better with the gps port no matter what the com. Also I used to think livesearch was better than google maps but it's the other way around. I mean yea, livesearch has better routing and if you get lost it reroutes you but google maps actually shows the address on a street!! so if you zoom in all the way you can see the addresses. I didn't discover this until recently but it's pretty good knowing that we have options.
still havin gps problems, and when I set it to com0 and reset still get the same error...maybe a radio update will fix it some day....:'(
Old 10-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Lurker

zexion is a n00b

cant believe im saying this, but i miss the scroll wheel from my mogul. I just now realize how much i used it to scroll in everything from outlook emails to website text... any reason why the touch wheel cant be made to work everywhere just like the one in the mogul? Well thats my main feature request right there.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tower is a n00b

ok so..got everything installed and working..Or so I thought...Then these issues arose

1.YahooGo 3.0- Makes the screen all distorted to the point I cant even input info to log in

2.Skyfire-Only shows up on half the screen
update...ok found out that skyfire is NOT compatible with VGA phones ...sighs....

3.SUS2- causes multiple issues in general...ie freezing the phone until I hit the home key(even during setup)tho im trying the newest build now and hoping that it works.
k 1.33 is still freezing the phone

Anyone else using these programs have similiar issues??

And is there anyway to copy my IE bookmarks to Opera 9.5???

Last edited by Tower; 10-25-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Oh well, I'll take a minor issue that doesn't even matter like uneven keyboard lighting any day over the Mogul. I'd rather have weird looking backlighting on the keyboard than hotspots on the screen or keys that randomly don't work.
Don't worry those problems and/or many others are coming

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro