PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre-order

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post
Hope this might give you guys some ups, I was testing battery life and the pro doesnt have the issue the diamond does, and the heat shield was added to the pro so the key problems is also taken out. Also we are working on sending a phone to invisibleshield, so they can create one for this phone.
Ah, so the heat shield distributes heat so the battery doesn't drain quickly? Sounds good!
Thank for the info.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post
Hope this might give you guys some ups, I was testing battery life and the pro doesnt have the issue the diamond does, and the heat shield was added to the pro so the key problems is also taken out. Also we are working on sending a phone to invisibleshield, so they can create one for this phone.

Are they applying this to the newly manufactured diamonds? Not that I want one, just wanted to know. But my little brother is getting one!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

It's sad that those supposedly having ordered the TouchPro aren't helping those that are unable. Considering the general helpful environment of these forums, this leaves me both disappointed and skeptical. I am on the phone with a very helpful CSR, but I have a feeling that I too will come up with no luck.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
It's sad that those supposedly having ordered the TouchPro aren't helping those that are unable. Considering the general helpful environment of these forums, this leaves me both disappointed and skeptical. I am on the phone with a very helpful CSR, but I have a feeling that I too will come up with no luck.
I see too many impatient folks here. If you can't get an order in today, you will be able to get one in a week or so. Calm down sparky.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-19-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tizzle Prizzle Deux
Carrier: MetroPCS

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So now that I have spent so much time on trying to get a hold of my pro with no luck I now must call into question BigDice... Big Dice, have you gone to that order confirmation web page to check the model of phone that is being sent to you?
Old 10-19-2008, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tizzle Prizzle Deux
Carrier: MetroPCS

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

http://www.sprint.com/personal/wirel...vanity:myorder
Old 10-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
I see too many impatient folks here. If you can't get an order in today, you will be able to get one in a week or so. Calm down sparky.
Oh, I'm calm. lol. But would you tell your kids to wait a week after Christmas to open their presents? There is nothing wrong in anxious people for a great product. (we hope)
Old 10-19-2008, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

NetApex is keeping up the good workNetApex is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to NetApex

Sadly I have to believe Big Dice, and to also believe that he has been a victim of an incorrect CS rep. I am willing to bet that as they promised him when he probably called long ago, they called him back on the 19th as they said they would to take his order. But I am also of the mind to believe that the phone is not available, was not available, and will not be available until the 2nd, but they didn't mention that part. Someone had a note on their computer to call and keep a customer happy by saying they are placing an order and that is what they did. If and when Big hits the order confirmation page he may be very upset. I don't think they would have ordered him a diamond, but I also don't think that he will be getting a phone before the 2nd either. I do sincerely hope that I am wrong, but if I felt that the chances of me being wrong were greater than being correct I simply wouldn't have posted at all. Don't beat up Big Dice for placing an order, Sprint is the people you shouldn't believe, not Big.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetApex View Post
Sadly I have to believe Big Dice, and to also believe that he has been a victim of an incorrect CS rep. I am willing to bet that as they promised him when he probably called long ago, they called him back on the 19th as they said they would to take his order. But I am also of the mind to believe that the phone is not available, was not available, and will not be available until the 2nd, but they didn't mention that part. Someone had a note on their computer to call and keep a customer happy by saying they are placing an order and that is what they did. If and when Big hits the order confirmation page he may be very upset. I don't think they would have ordered him a diamond, but I also don't think that he will be getting a phone before the 2nd either. I do sincerely hope that I am wrong, but if I felt that the chances of me being wrong were greater than being correct I simply wouldn't have posted at all. Don't beat up Big Dice for placing an order, Sprint is the people you shouldn't believe, not Big.
I tend to agree. The Average Joe probably isn't going to go through much effort in confirming their order has been placed. You average Joe probably would wait longer for his phone to be delivered, so the CSR most likely thought she would tell BigDice what he wanted to hear.

Then again, your average Joe doesn't know how to use a WM phone...
Old 10-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
Oh, I'm calm. lol. But would you tell your kids to wait a week after Christmas to open their presents? There is nothing wrong in anxious people for a great product. (we hope)
Nothing wrong with excitement for a potentially great product. Just have to temper the emotions and realize that you may not get it today, but surely in a week or so you can order it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro