PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600->6800->6900->6950->6850->Hero->EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

5harkology is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The pro is revealed for sprint!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Honestly, anybody who hasn't spent time at war for this country or at least has the slightest clue what the Defense Intelligence Agency is involved with, needs to shut their mouth. The president is a figure head, nothing more. Don't second guess the operation from an arm chair.

I'm not catching your drift.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Honestly, anybody who hasn't spent time at war for this country or at least has the slightest clue what the Defense Intelligence Agency is involved with, needs to shut their mouth. The president is a figure head, nothing more. Don't second guess the operation from an arm chair.
Relevance? Both to the thread and the comment you're replying to?
Old 09-13-2008, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor

Okay, can we leave the political discussions open on another thread? I had a question I was hoping to have answered and these completely irrelevant topics are hiding it now!

Back to subject:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico
I'm sure they're not going to run out of Mogul's and hand you a pro as warranty. I'm sure what will happen is the price on the Mogul will drop even more, so other people who couldn't afford the phone before can now have a stab at it, and as for your phone, it would probably go to a repair center where they have replacement parts to fix it, if not, they would still give you back a Mogul, just a brand new one."

Actually, I started off with a ppc 6600, it died, blackscreen of death after about a year, they had none on hand so they had to replace it with a 6700. Same thing happened to that thing and it was replaced with a mogul. Basically, when the new model comes out, the old one is discontinued, but it's just a matter of how long it takes for them to run out of stock of the old one. If your phone is completely inoperable, they'll replace it with a brand new one within half an hour, and if they dont have the same one, but have the new, next generation model, that's what they give you. If your messed up phone can still make and recieve calls, they make you wait 3 days for a replacement which, by the way, is quite insultingly a used refurbished piece of junk!

So my question really is, bout how long do we suppose it takes them to rid their stock of the old model when the new one comes out? I think the new price of the Touch, at $99 on the sprint site must secretly be a clearance price to get rid of it by the time the Touch Diamond is out...
Old 09-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

My assumption is we're going to have a longer wait on them clearing out of Moguls. I think the Mogul had a higher attrition rate than other phones, and I'm betting they've got a pretty decent collection of refurbs. I'm thinking a minimum of six months.

I don't agree with LilRico on them just dropping the price, though. They haven't done this before, unfortunately.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
My assumption is we're going to have a longer wait on them clearing out of Moguls. I think the Mogul had a higher attrition rate than other phones, and I'm betting they've got a pretty decent collection of refurbs. I'm thinking a minimum of six months.

I don't agree with LilRico on them just dropping the price, though. They haven't done this before, unfortunately.
Well, it also depends on what sprint store youre visiting. My neighbor hood store has shortages on nearly everything they have in stock, sometimes theyll tell you to wait a couple days, and sometimes theyll give you the option to switch to another model. The mogul is currently the top of the sprint totem pole, and it also is very logical for them to switch you to the touch pro if they are out with it being the moguls model replacement.

But with all that said, do not get your hopes up. Turbo is right in saying that sprint has more moguls than they know what to do with. 6 months sounds about right considering that a lot of moguls are in refurb limbo due to it being such a buggy device. Your best bet is to have a broken mogul on hand and cal sprint up via *2 and b1tch about you not wanting another buggy mogul and that your going to cancel your contract. Toss in a little bit of rumor about some new phone theyre coming out with and thanks to sprints revamped do anything to please customer service, you might just have a new phone on your hands.

I thought about calling up to complain about my mogul, its currently is having charging issues, i know theres a chance that i can get the touchpro for cheap since this is my 3rd mogul, but i dont even want to deal with the hassle. I want this phone faster than they can ship it to me, so im willing to grab it in store for the price. Not to mention im going to have it swapped out next week for another one and with any hope, i'll get a diamond to play with instead of another dodgy mogul until oct 19th lol, but thats a long shot at best.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:34 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNathaniel View Post
Okay, can we leave the political discussions open on another thread? I had a question I was hoping to have answered and these completely irrelevant topics are hiding it now!

Back to subject:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico
I'm sure they're not going to run out of Mogul's and hand you a pro as warranty. I'm sure what will happen is the price on the Mogul will drop even more, so other people who couldn't afford the phone before can now have a stab at it, and as for your phone, it would probably go to a repair center where they have replacement parts to fix it, if not, they would still give you back a Mogul, just a brand new one."

Actually, I started off with a ppc 6600, it died, blackscreen of death after about a year, they had none on hand so they had to replace it with a 6700. Same thing happened to that thing and it was replaced with a mogul. Basically, when the new model comes out, the old one is discontinued, but it's just a matter of how long it takes for them to run out of stock of the old one. If your phone is completely inoperable, they'll replace it with a brand new one within half an hour, and if they dont have the same one, but have the new, next generation model, that's what they give you. If your messed up phone can still make and recieve calls, they make you wait 3 days for a replacement which, by the way, is quite insultingly a used refurbished piece of junk!

So my question really is, bout how long do we suppose it takes them to rid their stock of the old model when the new one comes out? I think the new price of the Touch, at $99 on the sprint site must secretly be a clearance price to get rid of it by the time the Touch Diamond is out...
You're a real lucky guy because here we don't get a replacement of a new type of phone. I had the 6700 and the 6800 and the Sprint store did what ever they could to keep giving me the same phone operational. I got a new one, but I never lucked out and got a better model phone .

After thinking about what I said I looked at Sprint's website and the Mogul's price has yet to drop from the price I bought it for and it's beyond outdated. The Touch Diamond is even cheaper, so someone in Sprint's marketing staff needs to think this over. It's like selling a Pentium 4 at 1,000 and the core 2 Extreme also at a $1,000.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:03 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Well I can tell you from experience that if you get the right rep, you'll get the next model.

I went from 6700 -> 6800 -> Touch in this manner... But I think the Touch Pro is actually worth paying for... though I'm going to fight them on pricing. I'll pay 399 for it... but no more than that.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 09-14-2008, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My friend just got his 6700 replaced
Old 09-14-2008, 06:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
That's true, especially the videos we're seeing shot from the convention center floor, we don't know how those devices where used prior to the video being shot. There could be all sorts of things happening in the background.

Didn't see the video, but when they closed the keyboard, was it sideways? That would have kept it in landscape mode
Old 09-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Lurker

jtruland is a n00b

Did anyone else notice the T9 symbol on the space key? I haven't seen any mention of it in the threads I've read, and it doesn't seem to make much sense with the number keys moved back to the top row. Anyone know anything about what it's use could be?

jT
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro