View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 03:34 AM
LilRico
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico
Re: The pro is revealed for sprint!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNathaniel View Post
Okay, can we leave the political discussions open on another thread? I had a question I was hoping to have answered and these completely irrelevant topics are hiding it now!

Back to subject:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico
I'm sure they're not going to run out of Mogul's and hand you a pro as warranty. I'm sure what will happen is the price on the Mogul will drop even more, so other people who couldn't afford the phone before can now have a stab at it, and as for your phone, it would probably go to a repair center where they have replacement parts to fix it, if not, they would still give you back a Mogul, just a brand new one."

Actually, I started off with a ppc 6600, it died, blackscreen of death after about a year, they had none on hand so they had to replace it with a 6700. Same thing happened to that thing and it was replaced with a mogul. Basically, when the new model comes out, the old one is discontinued, but it's just a matter of how long it takes for them to run out of stock of the old one. If your phone is completely inoperable, they'll replace it with a brand new one within half an hour, and if they dont have the same one, but have the new, next generation model, that's what they give you. If your messed up phone can still make and recieve calls, they make you wait 3 days for a replacement which, by the way, is quite insultingly a used refurbished piece of junk!

So my question really is, bout how long do we suppose it takes them to rid their stock of the old model when the new one comes out? I think the new price of the Touch, at $99 on the sprint site must secretly be a clearance price to get rid of it by the time the Touch Diamond is out...
You're a real lucky guy because here we don't get a replacement of a new type of phone. I had the 6700 and the 6800 and the Sprint store did what ever they could to keep giving me the same phone operational. I got a new one, but I never lucked out and got a better model phone .

After thinking about what I said I looked at Sprint's website and the Mogul's price has yet to drop from the price I bought it for and it's beyond outdated. The Touch Diamond is even cheaper, so someone in Sprint's marketing staff needs to think this over. It's like selling a Pentium 4 at 1,000 and the core 2 Extreme also at a $1,000.