PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Wow, I just love the positive, friendly attitude in here. The delay constitutes, at most, approximately two weeks. TWO WEEKS. I think people were less hostile when Nintendo delayed Super Smash Bros. Brawl by months over and over again.

We have no clue what challenges are occurring behind the scenes and have no place bashing Sprint over this. For all we know the delay was in place to ensure the phone wasn't a laggy POS at launch. Anyone remember how we cried fowl constantly over the Mogul being pushed back to October to the point where they rushed it, released it in June, and it SUCKED? Want to bet we wouldn't have half the complaints we do if we had let them be and waited until they thought the phone would be ready?

We have no indication of why the phone was delayed, but it was, and it's a MINOR delay. With the exception of those trying to scam the system by buying interim phones like the Diamond to swap out at the last second (no judgment, it is a good strategy, but one with risks that that are pretty clear now), none of us should have a reason to be this worked up over only TWO WEEKS.

And we all know how poor communication is between levels of a corporation, not to mention retail channels (even their own), so it's hardly a shock that there's lack of clarity on this. Still, considering the overarching evidence, e-mail chains pasted by more trustworthy forum members, and the news articles from REPUTABLE organizations such as ZDnet, I'm pretty confident we'll see it at Best Buy around the 26th, TeleSales on the 2nd, and Sprint stores either also on the 2nd, or within a few weeks. Yay?
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyheli View Post
I would like to order from EVP, but the activation charge and the shipping charge discourages Me. doing it online saves the costs.
Call the EVP 800 number instead.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

LOL at everyone that kept on insisting to believe the Tier 1 reps!...It provided me with a lot of laughs
Old 10-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Wow, I just love the positive, friendly attitude in here. The delay constitutes, at most, approximately two weeks. TWO WEEKS. I think people were less hostile when Nintendo delayed Super Smash Bros. Brawl by months over and over again.

We have no clue what challenges are occurring behind the scenes and have no place bashing Sprint over this. For all we know the delay was in place to ensure the phone wasn't a laggy POS at launch. Anyone remember how we cried fowl constantly over the Mogul being pushed back to October to the point where they rushed it, released it in June, and it SUCKED? Want to bet we wouldn't have half the complaints we do if we had let them be and waited until they thought the phone would be ready?

We have no indication of why the phone was delayed, but it was, and it's a MINOR delay. With the exception of those trying to scam the system by buying interim phones like the Diamond to swap out at the last second (no judgment, it is a good strategy, but one with risks that that are pretty clear now), none of us should have a reason to be this worked up over only TWO WEEKS.

And we all know how poor communication is between levels of a corporation, not to mention retail channels (even their own), so it's hardly a shock that there's lack of clarity on this. Still, considering the overarching evidence, e-mail chains pasted by more trustworthy forum members, and the news articles from REPUTABLE organizations such as ZDnet, I'm pretty confident we'll see it at Best Buy around the 26th, TeleSales on the 2nd, and Sprint stores either also on the 2nd, or within a few weeks. Yay?
And this is the problem, when a VIDEO GAME gets delayed, its general consensus that there was some kind of mega glitch that needed to be ironed out.

When a device like this is delayed, its a hardware issue (as its easier to upgrade a rom than recall a phone). That being said, what I, and a lot of other PPC users are worried about is the possibility of them fixing such an issue. Simply put, if it can be delayed now, and unofficially, whats going to stop them from delaying it in two weeks, and then two weeks from then?

Sprint is leaving us in the dark, and if theres some kind of issue, i feel like they let us know since we are anticipating the product. They don't owe it too us, but neither do we owe them our patience to deal with said unknown issue.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
And this is the problem, when a VIDEO GAME gets delayed, its general consensus that there was some kind of mega glitch that needed to be ironed out.

When a device like this is delayed, its a hardware issue (as its easier to upgrade a rom than recall a phone). That being said, what I, and a lot of other PPC users are worried about is the possibility of them fixing such an issue. Simply put, if it can be delayed now, and unofficially, whats going to stop them from delaying it in two weeks, and then two weeks from then?

Sprint is leaving us in the dark, and if theres some kind of issue, i feel like they let us know since we are anticipating the product. They don't owe it too us, but neither do we owe them our patience to deal with said unknown issue.
Not everyone is really "anticipating" this phone release. I'd be surprised if even 1% of the country knows about this phone or has any interest in it. Sprint doesn't owe anybody anything.

Besides, this type of delay happened with the Diamond too, and there were a TON of glitches with that phone off the bat. I'd rather them delay the Touch Pro as long as needed to get all the kinks out, then rush to release it to make a "comfortable" date for that small percentage of people that have been waiting for this phone.

Seriously, to majority of the country, they have no clue it's delayed...LOL...In fact, video game releases probably has a bigger market and following than the release of these type of devices (and specifically the touch pro).
Old 10-19-2008, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

No one can be upset about the November 2nd delay, since we've known for over a month that this was the case.. November 2nd, OR LATER.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Not everyone is really "anticipating" this phone release. I'd be surprised if even 1% of the country knows about this phone or has any interest in it. Sprint doesn't owe anybody anything.

Besides, this type of delay happened with the Diamond too, and there were a TON of glitches with that phone off the bat. I'd rather them delay the Touch Pro as long as needed to get all the kinks out, then rush to release it to make a "comfortable" date for that small percentage of people that have been waiting for this phone.

Seriously, to majority of the country, they have no clue it's delayed...LOL...In fact, video game releases probably has a bigger market and following than the release of these type of devices (and specifically the touch pro).
Youre right, this is a limited market, but the little pressure we put on them goes a long ways. The few that are anticipating will probably be the majority of the buyers (atleast from launch).

Well, all this discussion is going to do nothing for my new device hunger... i wish there was a way to hibernate for 2 weeks without missing midterms lol
Old 10-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I just want to say thank you to all the people who clogged our forum with your crappy ecare chats and your responses when you called customer care about the 19th release date. I know those people could have been helping people with real problems, but we took up their time on a daily basis saying we need positive dates but as we see now, it still wasn't positive. funny how people come on ppcgeeks for answers but when we tell them, they go back and believe tbe tier 1 reps. lmfao
Old 10-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

theres no way theyre going 2 fix ANY problem that quick its more likely that there were shipping errors or theyre trying to scam us back
Old 10-19-2008, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: pre

skyheli is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Call the EVP 800 number instead.
Does Calling the 1800 number avoid the shipping charge and activation fee that they charge. With Sprint website these costs are free. ?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro