PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Will Android work on the Raphael?

The G1 uses the same chipset (MSM7201A) as the GSM Touch Pro/Diamond... I think that would be a slightly easier switch to make then to a new chipset..
Old 01-21-2009, 04:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

any news on this lately?

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 01-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

actually yes, android is bootable from the SD card, and alot of the issues have been resolved, even the keyboard is useable (slow at the moment though). not sure if there able to make a call yet etc. though.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
actually yes, android is bootable from the SD card, and alot of the issues have been resolved, even the keyboard is useable (slow at the moment though). not sure if there able to make a call yet etc. though.
I used the most updated files from xda and it would get to the linux booter and freeze.

Yes I used the tmp folder on the root.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I think getting calls to work is going to be the most difficult. You'd have to rework the platform to work with a CDMA network, which may be quite difficult without the proper codes and whatnot.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP

if i remember correctly android works on the vogue, so the cdma network codes may already be handled?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
if i remember correctly android works on the vogue, so the cdma network codes may already be handled?

you are very correct grasshopper
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 01-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
you are very correct grasshopper
Wait, it works on the Vogue with calls?

Damn, I really need to widen my focus
Old 01-22-2009, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

yea. i'm gettin jealous of my old vogue. this isnt right...
Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post
I used the most updated files from xda and it would get to the linux booter and freeze.

Yes I used the tmp folder on the root.
biggest thing is to make sure your using the files for raph800 and also connect your phone to your computer via activesync first. there are issues if you had it in disk drive mode.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro