PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: can you help
no 1 33.33%
yes 0 0%
you fail.... 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stlrskd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool sprint family locator. : sprint touch pro

hey guys, i have the sprint touch pro. And my parents have turned on the sprint family locator on. i am wondering if there is anyway possible to disable my gps location, but this is my last resort. i really wanna see if i will be able to screw with the gps and make it read another preset location or something like that. plaese anything that will be even cloose to working will help.

thanks all,
stlrskd
Old 07-15-2010, 02:18 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: sprint family locator. : sprint touch pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrskd View Post
hey guys, i have the sprint touch pro. And my parents have turned on the sprint family locator on. i am wondering if there is anyway possible to disable my gps location, but this is my last resort. i really wanna see if i will be able to screw with the gps and make it read another preset location or something like that. plaese anything that will be even cloose to working will help.

thanks all,
stlrskd
Why are they tracking you?

Answer: Because you are doing stuff and going places you shouldn't. Your funny coming on here for help to be deviant.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stlrskd is a n00b

its not that im doing anything bad its just that they watch over me enough at home. its anoying that they they can watch me even when im at my friends or out. look i dont get into trouble im a stright a student trying to out smart my parents. thanks for your help anyways.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
N00b

chefnickb is a n00b

hey man I know how you feel.... I would help you out if I knew of a way, however I am pretty much sure that there is no way to fool it. There may be some third party apps out there that can help, but I don't see how it would be possible, since SFL isn't directly related to your phone its self. The best you can do is disable your gps in settings> phone> services> location> tap to get settings then turn it off, but remember if you dissable your GPS, services that use your location such as sprint navigator and weather... will not work. Good Luck!
Old 07-15-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

You could also work on building a better relationship with your parents so they don't feel like they need family locator, and save them the $60 a year.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stlrskd is a n00b

ive thought about tht nick but theyll be like blah blah why was ur phone off and junk tru but my dad is a stuborn man.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

GregCT2010 is a n00b

being a parent of teenagers, my answer would be in two parts. One, it's my phone, my account, I'm just allowing you to use it and tracking my phone. Two, get a job, get your own account and your own phone and there will be no tracking.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The issue that you are not trusted. You need to prove that you are responsible. Trying to outsmart your parents is proof that you are missing the point and that you are irresponsible. They are looking out for your best interest and want to make sure they can find you if things were to go wrong. Why would you need an app for that when all you have to do is just not carry the phone with you? Answer: Because you need the phone to communicate with your friends so y'all can get together and do the "fun" stuff right? Academics do not equal responsibility. Don't worry tho - it's just growing pains lol!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Touch Pro Discussion. Upgrade forums are only for the release of a ROM/Kitchen or Radio.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnickb View Post
hey man I know how you feel.... I would help you out if I knew of a way, however I am pretty much sure that there is no way to fool it. There may be some third party apps out there that can help, but I don't see how it would be possible, since SFL isn't directly related to your phone its self. The best you can do is disable your gps in settings> phone> services> location> tap to get settings then turn it off, but remember if you dissable your GPS, services that use your location such as sprint navigator and weather... will not work. Good Luck!
are you sure you have "off" as an option? i know my VZN TP only has "ON" and "911 only". i would almost guarantee that even with the phone set to "911 only" the kid tracking would probably over ride that. i could be wrong though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
gps, htc, locator, sprint, touch pro