PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Love my Sprint Touch Pro! Why so many haters?

I have owned several Tp1's because they continuously CRASH. I have been trying to figure out what causes these crashes and I can only come to one conclusion. I believe that what is occurring is the phone goes in and out of service so many times that the battery(the extended version)is sometimes dead in half a day. The building I work in is very large and has a whole lot of dead spots. I have to Hard reset at least once a week. Now I recently have been trying other things and they seem to be successful? Does anyone have this sort of problem with there TP1 if so is there a cure?I need to have the phone in service because I have continuous alarms coming in on text all the time so the data and phone have to be on. When I'm away and have good service I never have any issues ever......
Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I think your either taking that a little to far or you must have not owned to many phones lol. I've had plenty phones far worse then the touch pro. It's not that bad of a phone, just carry a charger wherever you go.

When I first got the TP, I loved it. It was everything I needed in a phone. Then it started wearing on me. It was always something wrong with it. I went through 3 myself. I read earlier in the thread that maybe it was the user. I laugh at that cause I never once dropped any of my TP's yet the KB failed on the first 2. Not to mention a LOT of people on here experienced the same thing. Consider yourself lucky if you are still on your first.

I just got tired of tweaking a modding to get a "smartphone" to work how it's suppose to work. <insert well get an iphone comment here>. Matter of fact I hate the Iphone. I just think it's a toy like an Ipod but that's neither here nor there. I prefer not to be attached to a charger all the time. Pretty sad when I was worried I couldn't make it through the day because of the battery life. I tried different ROM's, radios, ALL the tweaks but didn't see much improvement.

Sure, this phone isn't for the avg joe schmoe, but when you tweak the crap out of it and it still has problems, then something is wrong in my opinion.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Yea its funny I was looking back in this section to see if there were a couple of new tweaks for my step mo's tp, the one that I sold her to get the imagio. The tp was the biggest purchase mistake that I made, all 4 of them that I had had some issue. The titan/mogul I had previous was perfect. They rushed the accelerometer and manila. I would be on xda everyday trying new roms and tweaks just to make it functional still having to hard reset it at least 5 times per week. The slider on each very quickly got sloppy. The TD was just a better hardier device, I just couldn't type on the tiny screen. That's why I jumped on the touch pro 2 when it was released then on the imagio to shed the bulkiness. The truth is to run win mo the way it is designed to run you need more power. The HD2 is really the only device that is truly capable of running a stable 6.5.x rom. The mogul handled 6.1 very well and the imagio and tp2 did adequate jobs still locking up at crucial moments. When I learned of no snapdragon cpu coming to verizon with win mo is when I decided to make an 'incredible' decision and no phone including the hd2, iphone, nexus one can match its speed and fluidness. I have had it for nearly a month I have not reset the phone one time.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

yjbeach is a n00b

Trying to make the switch to Verizon for the HTC Incredible. (out of stock everywhere) I like the phones HTC produce, so I'm only switching carriers. However the touch pro is like a brick compared to the Incredible. My mother broke her phone so I am switching my Sero over to her and upgrading my phone through sprint so she can pick out whatever phone she wants. For 4+ years I had SERO and I will be paying twice that amount for this new phone; atleast my mom can benefit from the savings.

I was a big fan of the Mogul when that came out. I also got the upgrade ($50 deposit) to the Touch Pro, when my mogul got wet during a St. Patricks day celebration day. One too many irish car bombs.

I think it's time to give the Droid phones a chance.

I experienced a lot of crashing on my device. It also freezes a lot. When I travel I use my phone as an alarm clock and there have been a few times I woke up late. After that used the front desk to call me for a wake up time.

Last edited by yjbeach; 05-25-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnfishin View Post
Yea its funny I was looking back in this section to see if there were a couple of new tweaks for my step mo's tp, the one that I sold her to get the imagio. The tp was the biggest purchase mistake that I made, all 4 of them that I had had some issue. The titan/mogul I had previous was perfect. They rushed the accelerometer and manila. I would be on xda everyday trying new roms and tweaks just to make it functional still having to hard reset it at least 5 times per week. The slider on each very quickly got sloppy. The TD was just a better hardier device, I just couldn't type on the tiny screen. That's why I jumped on the touch pro 2 when it was released then on the imagio to shed the bulkiness. The truth is to run win mo the way it is designed to run you need more power. The HD2 is really the only device that is truly capable of running a stable 6.5.x rom. The mogul handled 6.1 very well and the imagio and tp2 did adequate jobs still locking up at crucial moments. When I learned of no snapdragon cpu coming to verizon with win mo is when I decided to make an 'incredible' decision and no phone including the hd2, iphone, nexus one can match its speed and fluidness. I have had it for nearly a month I have not reset the phone one time.
Did ya hear Verizon is getting the "lg fanthom" soon? A WM 6.5.3 qwerty slider with a wvga 3.2" display and the 1ghz snapdragon. Id stick with WM if sprint was getting that, but they arent
dschoenike

Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
When I first got the TP, I loved it. It was everything I needed in a phone. Then it started wearing on me. It was always something wrong with it. I went through 3 myself. I read earlier in the thread that maybe it was the user. I laugh at that cause I never once dropped any of my TP's yet the KB failed on the first 2. Not to mention a LOT of people on here experienced the same thing. Consider yourself lucky if you are still on your first.

I just got tired of tweaking a modding to get a "smartphone" to work how it's suppose to work. <insert well get an iphone comment here>. Matter of fact I hate the Iphone. I just think it's a toy like an Ipod but that's neither here nor there. I prefer not to be attached to a charger all the time. Pretty sad when I was worried I couldn't make it through the day because of the battery life. I tried different ROM's, radios, ALL the tweaks but didn't see much improvement.

Sure, this phone isn't for the avg joe schmoe, but when you tweak the crap out of it and it still has problems, then something is wrong in my opinion.
I was lucky enough to only have to fix the keyboard once a week with mine, but I just grabbed the tp2 and ran with it when it came out, now since I have an HD2 and a 9700 BB, I'm content only because if I get bored with one I have the other lol

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

degger is a n00b

Miytouch pro is good and all but the middle button has issues like randomly zooming in on the internet browser and i'm still on the stock rom (i don't want to risk bricking my phone).
Old 06-07-2010, 03:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't understand why people take their phones so personally. It's like when people say they hate this phone or another.... DOES IT REALLY MATTER that much to you? Why do people take it as though they are insulting your family or something. It is JUST A PHONE.

I'm sorry, but if you like your phone, Wonderful but don't get all bent out of shape if someone hates it. Trust me there are bigger things in life to care about whether someone likes or hates your phone.

(That's why thsoe iphone vs Winmo, and now ... vs Android arguments are so stupid.)
Old 06-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint then Cricket then Sprint

radiowatcher_06 is a n00b
Smile Re: I Love my Sprint Touch Pro! Why so many haters?

Well, I've owned my Touch Pro for 14ish months and all seems good besides the fact that I keep dropping it at work. It has some chips and a little crack in the plastic chrome, but still runs pretty good with a custom rom. I do agree that the whole overheating thing is kinda ridiculous and gets even worse if you have a weak signal, but I guess I just got used to making sure all applications and connections were closed / off before charging. Speaking of heat, have you noticed how dang hot the wall charger gets if charging the phone while off, or is that just me?

I've even heard of people putting their Touch Pro's on Ice (in a plactic zip lock bag) when running the phone as a hotspot while charging, just to keep it charging.

A TP2 sounds nice tho....hmmm
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by degger View Post
Miytouch pro is good and all but the middle button has issues like randomly zooming in on the internet browser and i'm still on the stock rom (i don't want to risk bricking my phone).
whats there to risk?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro