PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

drvon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Love my Sprint Touch Pro! Why so many haters?

Well I have a TP and I upgraded from a PPC-6800, and way better than the 6800. I waited around 6 months before I upgraded to a custom rom, and the obsession started. I have had no problems in over a year of ownership, but I do understand the need to upgrade. The only thing is that the new phones ie tp2 / diamond 2 are the same phones except for a bigger screen... I have looked into a android phones but the rooting / rom updating looks hard / confusing.

I have a little under 2 years left on my contract so I will be rocking the TP for a bit more longer...
Old 01-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
i love my touch pro. i don't even use my pc anymore. overheating and 2-3 hour battery life is my complaint. i know how to use it and it does what i expect it to do. if not, theres a cab out somewhere besides marketplace.
Try turning off DATA if you are not using it. You will be still able to send and receive MMS. Energy ROM has it where its turned off at all times but automatically turns it on when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
not when it crashes with error like it does with me,i've missed so many IMs because of it.i have just recently experienced this problem even after the hard reset i had to do thursday (due to not recieving service) it might just not like opera 10,since i didnt start experiencing the problem till after i installed it.One big thing i HATE about opera which will probably cause me to never buy it since its NEVER been fixed is that it goes to mobile sites even with mobile view off and the user agent set to 3.
Newest version does not aways been better or more stable. Opera 10 beta has alot of bugs, Opera 9.5 latest build is the most stable so far and I have had no problems with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanhan View Post
How is the TP2 faster than TP1? It has exactly the same hardware (guts)

How could the internet be faster? I think those two things are perception

I've had a tp1 since pretty much day one after using a mogul for about 6 months.

My brother, two of his friends, one of my friends, and about 6 customers of mine have TPs (1 or 2) I can say 100% this phone is not meant for an average phone user. If you are not technically inclined or enjoy computers, go for another phone.

There is no doubt alot of variance in HTC's build quality of Touch Pros. That explains why you have so many peeps that get new ones with issues. It makes sense that alot of people are on multiple devices as well, since you most likely get a refurb after your first exchange. And since refurbs are so well put back together (sarcasm) it makes sense that its a domino effect.

It really seems like people are for the most part, slow, is a good word? For example, a customer who a got a tp1 for got a tp2 as an immediate replacement as the tp1 didnt work.
After about a week of him having it I ask his impressions. First thing he says "it doesn't have enough apps" WTF>>>>>>??????????????WTF???????????WFFEWF????? He said "my son has Bank of America on his (iphone)" Perception is all it is
Well put my friend. HTC Touch Pro lines are not for average users.

Last edited by I m J James; 01-24-2010 at 05:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
Well put my friend. HTC Touch Pro lines are not for average users.
I would agree. My raving over my Mogul, then my TP got my brother's attention. I finally found him a craigslist TP and set him up with a SERO plan.
For me, I am in a very IT/technical career and I use the phone heavily like the swiss army knife that it is. As for my brother.. well.. it's a phone. (yawn)
I could have got him the Rant and he would have been just fine.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I still love my TP, I'm on my second one, but it has been great so far. I deffinately have TP2 envy for all of the new custom ROMs being pumped-out and the bigger screen, but I'm not spending the $ on a new phone when there is so much on the horizon at the end of the year/2011. I am really bad for upgrading my toys ASAP, but the TP was the perfect upgrade from a Vogue & Diamond.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 01-24-2010, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Internet on TP2 is 2-3 times faster than TP? Technically this is not possible. It's the browser application and your network connection that determines internet speed not hardware. (OH and btw TP2 hardware specs is almost identical to TP)
I still have my tp1 but not connected with service, the internet and signal on the tp2 is a lot faster, i do tests often and highest I have gotten is the most that you get as advertised by Sprint, 3.5mbps, on the tp1 most you will ever get is 2mbps, though Sprint advertised that phone as peaking at 1.4 mbps, and the phone overheats for hardcore multi taskers and power users like me, which alson effects the internet, you cant charge and browse at the same time, the lower your battery goes, if it gets too low, your speed is affected. Only thing tp1 has over tp22 is the flash lens, better pictures taken through its camera, and better album (htc's picture and video software.) the keyboard is ten times better on the tp2.

Last edited by insomniac; 01-24-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Newest version does not aways been better or more stable. Opera 10 beta has alot of bugs, Opera 9.5 latest build is the most stable so far and I have had no problems with it.
well when i use opera 9.5 it crashes alot (doesnt even access the homepage of this site w/o crashing)it cant even activate the reply message boxes on myspace.com and tagged.com it doesnt activate a link until after i press on it about 100 times,it doesnt scroll foward as i type. in opera 10 i still have problems with the mobile redirects (not as bad as 9.5) plus i love the finger friendliness of it its almost like iris browser in the fact that it can load and properly render almost every site except for flash sites.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
well when i use opera 9.5 it crashes alot (doesnt even access the homepage of this site w/o crashing)it cant even activate the reply message boxes on myspace.com and tagged.com it doesnt activate a link until after i press on it about 100 times,it doesnt scroll foward as i type. in opera 10 i still have problems with the mobile redirects (not as bad as 9.5) plus i love the finger friendliness of it its almost like iris browser in the fact that it can load and properly render almost every site except for flash sites.
Try Opera 9.5 build 17963
Old 01-25-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

djstone86 is becoming a great contributor

OP..... fact of the matter is you are lucky. When so many people complain about a phone, its not because they are not technologically adept, its because there are actual mass problems with the phone. How do you explain that many of us have gone through 4 plus phones? (Ive had 6 in less than a year) How do u explain that the phone cannot charge while plugged in? Yea the custom rom make the phone more usable, but still cant overcome its hardware limitations. You saying that we should deal with battery life is laughable because the Mogul has better battery life and the TP2 has bettery battery life. Sprint had to have the phone replaced less than a year after its release. Once again, you are lucky. Count your blessings, or count the days till your keyboard breaks.

Last edited by djstone86; 01-25-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstone86 View Post
OP..... fact of the matter is you are lucky. When so many people complain about a phone, its not because they are not technologically adept, its because there are actual mass problems with the phone. How do you explain that many of us have gone through 4 plus phones? (Ive had 6 in less than a year) How do u explain that the phone cannot charge while plugged in? Yea the custom rom make the phone more usable, but still cant overcome its hardware limitations. You saying that we should deal with battery life is laughable because the Mogul has better battery life and the TP2 has bettery battery life. Sprint had to have the phone replaced less than a year after its release. Once again, you are lucky. Count your blessings, or count the days till your keyboard breaks.
Well nothing will ever happen to my phone because I take care of it like a new born baby. My phone has been functioning for over 9 months with zero hardware problems.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Well nothing will ever happen to my phone because I take care of it like a new born baby. My phone has been functioning for over 9 months with zero hardware problems.
are you a power user? i bought my tp brand new and went through 9 of them, simply by power using stock roms. i use my tp2 more and it hasn't broke down yet...i've had it 3 months.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro