PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Love my Sprint Touch Pro! Why so many haters?

I completely agree, personally I love my Touch Pro too, I love the look, feel, and speed of it (on a custom rom). The only thing that I would complain about it that my keyboard and the hardware keys don't work 70% of the time. If the phone's keyboard and hardware buttons were working all the time I would absolutely love this phone. I've had the phone for less then a month and have taken great care of it (as with all my phones), and this happens which makes me not like the phone as much. I have TEP and will take it into the store eventually, but I would be perfectly happy if they gave me another TP as long as it works.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
Internet on TP2 is 2-3 times faster than TP? Technically this is not possible. It's the browser application and your network connection that determines internet speed not hardware. (OH and btw TP2 hardware specs is almost identical to TP)
Try using one and you'll see the difference, the tp2 performance wise, is what the tp should have been, in regards to stability, performance and battery life. I wish i could have my tp2 ups and put them back in a touch pro.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 01-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post
You know, I think a lot of people just complain and arent satisfied because they just busy tryna keep up with the jones's... nevermind the fact that their phone is top of the line as soon as something new is out, they want to jump ship, cuz they think newer is automatically better, and "everyone else is doing it" on top of that people get "cool" phones w/o really knowing how to use them or what to expect so they tend to whine when it requires work on their part to bring out the full potential... or it just plain over their heads... and lastly you have the crowd who is just never satisfied w/ anything they have... instead of appreciating a blessings, and gifts they have they spend more time focusin in minor faults. SO theyre never happy... they probably complained on the last smartphone they heaD FOR SOME OTHER MINISCULE REASON... UPGRADED TO THE TP CUZ IT WAS NEWER AND THEY EXPECTED IT TO CORRECT THAT AND GIVE THEM PERFECTION... BUT PERFECTION ISNT REAL SO THEY WHINE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE THEY CAN FIND WRONG, TILL THEY CAN upgrade to the next product and continue whining in their never ceasing quest for better... for perfection, etx... but ultimatly i think that what it boils down to...
I could of not have said it better myself
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

My complaint: the d-pad, I hated it's interaction with applications like Excel. It handled FlexMail much better than my TP2 does. Overheating? About the same as the TP. I am on my 2nd TP and 3rd TP2. My favorite: TP2.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i love my touch pro. i don't even use my pc anymore. overheating and 2-3 hour battery life is my complaint. i know how to use it and it does what i expect it to do. if not, theres a cab out somewhere besides marketplace.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Love the TP - still carry it when I want something smaller than the TP2. Do have to say that while it performed better than the Mogul that I upgraded from, I too was disappointed in the battery life. It just didn't last under heavy usage like the Mogul.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

How is the TP2 faster than TP1? It has exactly the same hardware (guts)

How could the internet be faster? I think those two things are perception

I've had a tp1 since pretty much day one after using a mogul for about 6 months.

My brother, two of his friends, one of my friends, and about 6 customers of mine have TPs (1 or 2) I can say 100% this phone is not meant for an average phone user. If you are not technically inclined or enjoy computers, go for another phone.

There is no doubt alot of variance in HTC's build quality of Touch Pros. That explains why you have so many peeps that get new ones with issues. It makes sense that alot of people are on multiple devices as well, since you most likely get a refurb after your first exchange. And since refurbs are so well put back together (sarcasm) it makes sense that its a domino effect.

It really seems like people are for the most part, slow, is a good word? For example, a customer who a got a tp1 for got a tp2 as an immediate replacement as the tp1 didnt work.
After about a week of him having it I ask his impressions. First thing he says "it doesn't have enough apps" WTF>>>>>>??????????????WTF???????????WFFEWF????? He said "my son has Bank of America on his (iphone)" Perception is all it is
Old 01-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetaffairs View Post
Battery does suck. Go over to the TP2 and you'll definitely see the difference.

It overheats. overheats to the point that the phone has to stop it self from charging if you're charging and talking on the phone, gps, or youtube. NO phone that I've had does that. that's a safety feature that HTC most likely implements in all of their phones. there's no reason for it to be triggered so frequently.

the dpad sucks ass. if you're off by cm, you'll be pressing another button.

keyboard breaks for MOST users.

INTERNET on the TP is SLOW AS ****. internet on the TP2 is 2-3 times faster. same with the mogul.

the oil slicks. still happens on some TP2s though.

there's probably more I'm forgetting.
i'll have to side w/u on this one, ive had my TP die on me several times while on the charger and wouldnt charge till half an hour after discharge due to overheating. this is really the only problem i have on my TP.i sometimes have KB and other software problems (ozim keeps crashing on me) but these are fixable with a soft reset.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

ozim tends to pop up for me and tell me such info not logged in, so i will log back in. sometimes all 3 will pop up not logged in. i can log in and reset device 10 times and it stays loged in, then have logged in set and 10 min later log out crap pops up. there needs to be some kind of fix for this other than an IM cab that only is logged in while app is running. ozim stays running when closed out.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
ozim tends to pop up for me and tell me such info not logged in, so i will log back in. sometimes all 3 will pop up not logged in. i can log in and reset device 10 times and it stays loged in, then have logged in set and 10 min later log out crap pops up. there needs to be some kind of fix for this other than an IM cab that only is logged in while app is running. ozim stays running when closed out.
not when it crashes with error like it does with me,i've missed so many IMs because of it.i have just recently experienced this problem even after the hard reset i had to do thursday (due to not recieving service) it might just not like opera 10,since i didnt start experiencing the problem till after i installed it.One big thing i HATE about opera which will probably cause me to never buy it since its NEVER been fixed is that it goes to mobile sites even with mobile view off and the user agent set to 3.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro