PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fastrat350 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik05 View Post
hey fastrat do you remember which kernel version you updated to? Im testing out the rosie 2.1 package with the recommended rootfs from the xda thread and im getting the same squished dialpad problems. Any input would help as Im just messing around at this point.

PS- love the sense UI, its more intuitive where it puts things
actually lastnite I was running the "custom" Rosie package, which is without Sense UI, then I tried the original rosie package and encountered many problems like it crashing on boot, force closing, Sense UI is not ported so its all wacky, it works but doesnt look good at all, and near useless for myself. I messed with different setups lastnite and I will do again, i tried different things lastnite, today i got the custom rosie package again but now im experiencing market failure. I'll report back with which kernel works, since I was trying a couple lastnite
Old 03-19-2010, 02:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sorry for the late response guys. thanks for the info makk. if thats the case then i don't think much from a hero will work for us but it wont hurt to try either.

i dont think the mytouch will work for this. since its gsm, i imagine everything will be different anyways and i have gone through countless posts of gsm stuff looking for ideas to fix this.

i did see a post explaining how to do what makk suggested. if i can i will get this together and see if i can find anything useful to add. i am also hoping someone on xda is going to look at our ril for us. i know they are still working out mms receive on some other phones.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post

These frankenstein's monster CDMA android builds are to blame for that. They're built on all the GSM carriers stuff, but with a few bits tweaked to work on CDMA. The apns-conf.xml file is pulled from a nexus one, with some pieces added from other gsm phones. I added the one line for CDMA generic because every CDMA phone reports 310/995 as its MCC/MNC. As near as I can tell, CDMA doesn't actually use MCC/MNC, so this is just something that got hacked in to emulate it.

Anyway, apns-conf.xml just holds the defaults. When you add your own APN, it's the same thing as if it had read it from apns-conf. So whatever's missing there, it shouldn't do any harm.

I am curious how real CDMA android phones do it... do they even have an APN section in the settings?
I'll post the hero's apn's in a little bit i have access to one.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

clayof2day is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
The upshot there is that the MMS is coming in to the RIL, getting mangled by it, and confusing the RIL into either dropping into 1x service for a second, or simply reporting that it's dropping into 1x service for a moment.

That's both good and bad news. Good news -- it gives a lot more credence to the guess that the problem is the RIL. Bad news -- now someone has to fix it. Which probably involves getting an AT Debug Log from WinMo for receiving an MMS, figure out how that's getting misread by the RIL, and fix it up to read it correctly. I don't think I'm qualified to do that, unless it happens to be an easy fix.
Just a bit of input here-this is exactly how my TP had always handled voice, sms, and mms out of the box in WinMo. If you watch the icon when placing any of the above mentioned services it will drop "down" to 1x and the 3g icon comes back as soon as it is done. This could be totally normal behavior.

Last edited by clayof2day; 03-19-2010 at 11:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok i ran the at debug log for 4 minutes. during this time i received an mms.

not sure where to go from here but it's posted. the mms shows 12:57 as the time received.

http://freetexthost.com/xbr4b6cqf3
Old 03-19-2010, 04:25 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

There might be private information in that log... Anyone know if there's anything to be worried about?

Thanks for getting it, hamagc. Don't want your good deed to be punished.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

lol i'm not too worried about it. the most i could see was my phone number and if anyone feels like calling or texting me, i'm open for a quick chat lol.

i'm asking jnadke over at xda to take a look at it and our ril to see if there is anything he can do. he was the one who originally mentioned looking at our ril for me to see if he could find anything wrong in there. i'm posting this info there as well.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Yeah I was playing with the hero and well there isn't a easy way to get to the APN screen like you can on ours. I will keep messing with it but sorry I lucked out.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thats ok, i've basically given up on the apn settings. i believe the apn settings are correct and that is why we can send out. and i believe that the phone going into 1x is the mms coming in. at this point i have to agree with makk that the ril is to blame at this point.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

but just incase, here is how to get to them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3myWjziHtI

this lists it as settings:wireless controls:mobile network settings:access point names

it looks like it's a gsm hero so i'm not sure if this helps or not lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux