PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC Discontinued Support for Sprint Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100281)

Tibman 12-05-2009 07:39 PM

HTC Discontinued Support for Sprint Touch Pro?

Well it looks like support has returned to the HTC website, however sprint does not seem to be selling the touch pro anymore.
I would give up on this thread but our poll seems to be switching leaders daily and I think I would like to know the opinion of at least a hundred.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just checked the HTC website after reading that there may be a possible stock wm 6.5 updated rom release and could not find anything for the sprint touch pro.
Check for yourself: http://www.htc.com/us/support
Under select a device tab, nothing.

Also if you look in their product category and choose only sprint devices, they have the diamond but no touch pro.... sad day, anyone have any idea?

Direct link to sprint product tab on HTC website: http://www.htc.com/us/products/#/?vi...&filters=2-0-0

studentjunk 12-05-2009 08:50 PM

Re: HTC Discontinued Support for Sprint Touch Pro?

It's also not on the sprint website anymore.

Imaginos 12-05-2009 08:50 PM

Yes. We're talking about this in a thread right here in this very subforum.

Here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87170

edit2 - Oops. I have my posts per page maxed out. Edited just to link thread.

rstoyguy 12-05-2009 09:23 PM

The good Lord gave us PPCGeeks, we don't need HTC anymore! :)

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

Tibman 12-05-2009 09:24 PM

If they discontinue the touch pro, then they will have to give an upgrade to the touch pro 2 if you have the warranty and your touch pro breaks.
I am on my third and I got the touch pro the day it came out, so it wont be long before this one craps out too.

pjohnnylost 12-06-2009 12:44 AM

Just read about the discontinued support and wanted to let you know about a call I placed to HTC back on November 22, 2009! My phone has been acting up ever since I installed the MR update! Wrote an email to HTC and they responded with a ticket number and gave me a number to call and speak to a technician 1-866-449-8358! I explained to him what was going on and so he wanted me to try and reinstall the MR update, saying that it probably didn't install everything the first time I did it! I was concerned about reinstalling it and something happening to my phone and bricking it! He said that if I had an issue with the phone after trying to download it to call a HTC warranty & repair center and they would look into the matter! Its obvious to me now that there is an issue with the MR update and so they pulled it from the site! We might be getting an update to 6.5 soon!

Imaginos 12-06-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohnnylost (Post 1389986)
Just read about the discontinued support and wanted to let you know about a call I placed to HTC back on November 22, 2009! My phone has been acting up ever since I installed the MR update! Wrote an email to HTC and they responded with a ticket number and gave me a number to call and speak to a technician 1-866-449-8358! I explained to him what was going on and so he wanted me to try and reinstall the MR update, saying that it probably didn't install everything the first time I did it! I was concerned about reinstalling it and something happening to my phone and bricking it! He said that if I had an issue with the phone after trying to download it to call a HTC warranty & repair center and they would look into the matter! Its obvious to me now that there is an issue with the MR update and so they pulled it from the site! We might be getting an update to 6.5 soon!

That certainly is an optimistic spin on things. I'm going to try and get some more info the next time I chat a rep.

Tibman 12-06-2009 03:58 AM

I do not understand how they could possibly be making any money off of this phone, I do not know anyone who is not on their second or third phone. No wonder they would drop it, I mean come on, their have been so many problems with it, people here on ppcgeeks have been working on it since it came out a year ago and their is still no rom without some kind of glitche.

frazell 12-06-2009 04:36 AM

HTC seriously needs their head examined. They sell a premium product and they don't even keep the download page for the TP update up for more than 3 months? Seriously...

They act too much like a dollar store for me to be happy with this company more often than not.

Even with the Touch Pro being "discontinued" there isn't a reason to pull it off the website offering details on its specs along with information for the people who still own the deivce. Not everyone in the world buys the latest phone "just because." Hell I can go to Dell's website and pull up the manual to my old Dell Inspiron 7000 from 1998 if I wanted to!

HTC seriously needs to start treating us like they respect the fact we pay top dollar for these devices!

bgdjr 12-06-2009 04:55 AM

I am still on my orig TP (got it the day it came out along with 2 others (1 for my dad and 1 for my brother)) still running stock ROMs and no real problems with any of them. *knocks on wood* but if anything were to happen and they are dropping support for it, hope they upgrade to TP2.