PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MyPhone restoring vs Pimbackup?

Is anyone doing anything specific to get myphone to work on Sprint's TP2? I got it a couple of days ago, tried to run it and it gets stuck on Synchronizing... 5% Authenticating user... I've let it sit there for more than an hour a few times and it doesn't move from there. I've tried a soft reset, reinstalled, downloaded and reinstalled. Everything but a hard reset or creating a new windows account. This sounds promising, but only if I can get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

:::edit::: Just looked at the myphone site, and it does show the last time the TP2 was synced (or attempted) as well at the correct phone type (HTCT7380). But it is not showing any data as being synced. I am also able to ring the phone from the site, but not locate it. So, I've obviously get the account set up correctly and the phone is communicating with the server. Its just not able to get past the 5% mark.

Last edited by CaliforniaPlaya; 12-13-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon, HTC Trophy, Windows 7.5
Carrier: Verizon

Clem2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaPlaya View Post
Is anyone doing anything specific to get myphone to work on Sprint's TP2? I got it a couple of days ago, tried to run it and it gets stuck on Synchronizing... 5% Authenticating user... I've let it sit there for more than an hour a few times and it doesn't move from there. I've tried a soft reset, reinstalled, downloaded and reinstalled. Everything but a hard reset or creating a new windows account. This sounds promising, but only if I can get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

:::edit::: Just looked at the myphone site, and it does show the last time the TP2 was synced (or attempted) as well at the correct phone type (HTCT7380). But it is not showing any data as being synced. I am also able to ring the phone from the site, but not locate it. So, I've obviously get the account set up correctly and the phone is communicating with the server. Its just not able to get past the 5% mark.
Mine installed and synced up the first time. But, it did take a while to get suynched the first time...... sat on 5% for a while, the on 50% for a while. Set it on the bed side table and crashed.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

Thanks Clem. Looks like I gave it too much to do all at once. I found reports by others on different forums of the same or similar problem. They found that if they only sync one or two categories at a time, it works. I did this and it worked, but this makes it very not user friendly if this has to be done with every sync. Really won't be able to use auto sync like that. Possibly its just the first sync that it had problems with and it will have an easier time syncing changes. Maybe it would have done something if I would have let it sit for long enough. But when it didn't move from 5% for oven an hour several times, I gave up and figured it was stuck. Good concept, very similar to Dashwire, but definitely needs work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2