PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MyPhone restoring vs Pimbackup?

which one is better?

I know pimbackup has some problems because it causes problems when restoring text message. Also it might send text messages to people while restoring. It spams people during restoring.

Does MyPHONE cause that problem? How safe is it since your storing all your information on microsoft's storage? Which one do you prefer? Thanks

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

Last edited by twe90kid; 11-19-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Re: MrPhone restoring vs Pimbackup?

been using PIM on all the phones for as long as i remember and never encountered the problems you mentioned or heard from my friends about those

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 11-19-2009, 10:05 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
been using PIM on all the phones for as long as i remember and never encountered the problems you mentioned or heard from my friends about those
surprised you never heeard of it. it's a known problem for many people
Old 11-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

well i mostly use microsoft myphone now since my friends microsd card failed and wiped all his info(including backups) clean. That scared me ****less and i set MS Myphone to auto-sync daily over the air(just incase), anyways i will be following this thread to find out more about PIM problem, sorry couldnt be more help
Old 11-19-2009, 10:21 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

Re: MyPhone restoring vs Pimbackup?

no problem...
the only problem i have w/ myphone is their holding my data... dunno how safe it is to have my info with them
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I used pim in the past, but switched to myphone when it kicked off. Works perfect.

I'm wondering why you backup and restore txt messages? Why re-read them? Just wondering, not knocking you.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

+1 myphone, 1st thing i configure on a new flash.
but i only sync contacts, calendar, and pics.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

well i backup text because sometimes it's business related, which can be important
Old 11-19-2009, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post

I'm wondering why you backup and restore txt messages? Why re-read them? Just wondering
I've always wondered that myself.

I read a post a few weeks ago where a poster wanted to restore 3000 text messages.........

~John
Old 11-19-2009, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Yeah its kinda weird. But to each their own i guess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2