PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:14 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Did your TP2 come with a 1GB card!?

The carriers do decide what comes in the box! Period!

My Motorola Q(back in its' day) from U.S. Cellular, came with an SD card (supposed to be 256 MB) they were out and including 512MB in the box instead! Also came with 2 batteries and an external charger for the second battery! They did not come that way from all carriers.

Not to mention the lack of a screen protector for us VZW TP2 users, as opposed to all other carrier TP2's. Do you really think HTC just hates Verizon and decided they didn't get one? I doubt it! And headphones?

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

1GB microSD card? Don't they give those away when you order a happy meal? Wait I think a happy meal costs more? Am I old because I remember my first mp3 player only had 32MB... and a 32MB smartmedia card...

I am pretty sure the carriers decide what accessories come with the phone.
Tmobile came with a nice leather case.
Sprint came with a screen protector.
Verizon came with the international ac adapter plugs.
etc...

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Just because other carriers got it doesnt mean jack. So HTC doesnt hate Verizon, but Verizon hates customers??? Because Verizon didnt include it? Yeah that makes much more sense....
Old 11-17-2009, 07:26 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Actually, no Verizon loves their customers'(money)!!!!!

Think about it that way. They don't provide screen covers with most of their phones, why? Because they like to sell them!! Hellooooo???

But thanks for the snide reply anyway.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Oh so they love their customers so much they want to milk an extra $10 out of them...got it!

/snide +1
Old 11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I think the lack of a screen protector with verizon's TP2 is more than enough evidence of carrier intervention.

Did any touch pro 1's NOT come with a 1GB microSD card?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
"MODS"

=D>
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Oh so they love their customers so much they want to milk an extra $10 out of them...got it!

/snide +1

Now you're gettin' it!

As I never said Verizon actually loves their customers!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I think the lack of a screen protector with verizon's TP2 is more than enough evidence of carrier intervention.

Did any touch pro 1's NOT come with a 1GB microSD card?
Yes, only the Sprint version did, the Alltel and Verizon did not come with a card.

Subzero, I don't even know what else to say to you. You are being ridiculous. I think the answer here is clear that the carriers do decide what is put in the box. It has nothing to do with if they love/hate customers, it all has to do with money, period. Verizon is all about milking money from their customers, anyone with half a brain about the cell phone industry knows they are notorious for just that. They have a huge selection of Verizon branded accessories, and its not nickel and dime prices like you imply. The car chargers they sell are around $35, and people buy them all day long making huge profits for Verizon. I'm not sure on the prices of other items, but I know they sell expensive leather cases, screen protectors, and memory cards. When you take this coupled with the fact that they can either make more money selling the phone, or sell it for cheaper and undercut the competition like with the TP2, its clear why they would want to decide what comes in the box.

Hell forget the accessories debate, look at the hardware versions themselves! Verizon said they wanted a Diamond with a memory card slot, they got it. They said they wanted less RAM in the diamond and TP, they got it. Plus, if you look in the FM radio thread in the TP2 forum, their is an Email from HTC saying the carrier decides what they want or don't want in the phone.

Alltel / Verizon
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

i check the box like 10 times and i still couldnt find the screen protector i even called sprint and the lady said that it didnt come with one she had me look on the website to see what came with it and the screen protector wasnt listed i said screw it since i got the phone for 199
Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BeefJerky is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Youre right, GENERALLY. But I can guarantee you I'm not the general. And you can say whatever you want, what merits do you have? EVERYONE at Sprint, and HTC and nearly every other manufacturer has told me the same thing. So unless everyone is passing the buck, idk what to tell you
LOL! Verizon had HTC *remove* RAM from the Touch Pro1. If that doesn't prove that the carriers have major input, I don't know what does...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2