PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
JD and juggalo_X are right, The broadcom stack is so much better than the MS stack, I don't have any problems with it.

Instead of whining and crying post after post...Try whining and crying to HTC/Carrier about the problem, I'm sure if enough of you complain (Like you do on this site) they will address the problem and patch it.

Another option is try cooking your own roms with the MS stack.

But please stop making posts about the BT stack already!!!
The widcomm stack is better than the MS stack for you, but not for everyone. Others value certain features higher than you do. I place a very high value on being able to make and end a call with the headset. It's a feature that is absolutely fundamental to me and not having it makes the phone an extreme annoyance. I NEVER had problems with the MS stack, but have had nothing but BT problems with multiple headsets on both phones I have owned with Widcomm stacks.

We've already complained to HTC. They won't do anything about it. That is why we have chefs. Believe me, I do appreciate all they do for the community but at the same time all we want is a choice of which stack to use. I don't believe it would be terribly hard but I'm not familiar enough with the process to do it myself. I've offered compensation for anyone willing to do it, and I would welcome help from anyone who would be willing to help me cook a ROM with the MS stack. Fact is, though, I don't have a ton of time to sit around and learn how to cook a ROM and learn the ins and outs of bluetooth so by the time I got it done the TP3 would probably be out.

We aren't "whining," and if you're not having problems with bluetooth and aren't willing to contribute to solving them for us, then there is absolutely no reason for you to post in or even read threads about the problem. All we want is a choice, and I can't see how that would be a negative for anyone so I don't understand why you are getting riled up about posts and threads on legitimate problems with the TP2 bluetooth stack.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

brnail is just getting started

The guys here that say they have no problem and we need to stop whining are acting childishly. The simple fact is that this is a problem. I have talked with HTC. They know it is an issue and do not, apparently, plan to do anything about it.

I am amazed that they went this direction. They say that you need to use a compatible headset, but can't tell you what that is. I am amazed that the following headsets that I own are not compatible:

Jawbone - ALL # MODELS
Motorola Endeavor
Plantronics 975
BlueAnt Z9

I think I have relatively popular headset and none of them hang up. I would appreciate a solution, but don't expect one. It makes the phone much less functional when you don't have the ability to hang up. It is really fun when you need to soft reset to get it done. Not a problem though...lmao.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

632627 is just getting started

a friend of mine was looking to buy a new sprint phone, and it came down to a hero or tp2... i told him the hero is a nice phone, but tp2 is the cream of the crop right now... as he was about to pull the trigger on the tp2, i said "oh by the way, do you use bluetooth alot?" needless to say, he purchased the hero.

how could htc/sprint not do anything to fix this ?? bluetooth incompatibility has got to be a huge dealbreaker for lots of people, had i known about the issue beforehand there is a decent chance id be using a different phone. i realize in this situation, my friend still purchased htc, but how many others would look to a pre or blackberry or samsung instead?
Old 11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

willnj is just getting started

I'm sure there are problems for many of you, but the simple fact is I haven't seen any of this issues. I just posted what I tested in hopes it might help us better understand the issue. Could the issue lie with the way some bluetooth devices connect to the TP2? Or could there be some small differences in our TP2 depended on their build date? In all my reading on this site it seems like some very smart guys are trying to figure this out.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnail View Post
The guys here that say they have no problem and we need to stop whining are acting childishly. The simple fact is that this is a problem. I have talked with HTC. They know it is an issue and do not, apparently, plan to do anything about it.

I am amazed that they went this direction. They say that you need to use a compatible headset, but can't tell you what that is. I am amazed that the following headsets that I own are not compatible:

Jawbone - ALL # MODELS
Motorola Endeavor
Plantronics 975
BlueAnt Z9

I think I have relatively popular headset and none of them hang up. I would appreciate a solution, but don't expect one. It makes the phone much less functional when you don't have the ability to hang up. It is really fun when you need to soft reset to get it done. Not a problem though...lmao.

I have a BlueAntZ9i and it hangs up without a problem. Everything works perfectly with it (answering, making calls with Voice Command, hanging up) EXCEPT no voice announcement of BT (which I really need).
Old 11-12-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

just an observation..

seems that the sprint phones tend to work fine with bluetooth. verizon, not so much..

dont have the phone still lurking to buy.. but that is what i see as a common thread..

beers
Old 11-12-2009, 11:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

brnail is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope View Post
just an observation..

seems that the sprint phones tend to work fine with bluetooth. verizon, not so much..

dont have the phone still lurking to buy.. but that is what i see as a common thread..

beers
Mine is Sprint and I can't hang up.... well sometimes I can. That is the fun of it. You never know when you are still on a call.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah with sprint you need to check before you swear at the other guy before the call hangs up
Old 11-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

hmmmm im getting sick of issues for u guys.... maybe ill look into this sooner then later since i finished my sprint tv project

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnail View Post
Mine is Sprint and I can't hang up.... well sometimes I can. That is the fun of it. You never know when you are still on a call.
you post a lot..

please pay attention and note the provider with the complaints about this issue..

i have.. you running a stock rom? most of the problems are vz with the stock rom.

beers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2