PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 10:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

willnj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

I have a Jabra BT8010 bluetooth headset which hangs up everytime when the button is pressed on the BT8010. My volume control is fine as well as voice command. I have not tested the voice annoucements yet. Music works without any issues. Now I'm still on the stock rom but just wanted to post my findings.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by willnj View Post
I have a Jabra BT8010 bluetooth headset which hangs up everytime when the button is pressed on the BT8010. My volume control is fine as well as voice command. I have not tested the voice annoucements yet. Music works without any issues. Now I'm still on the stock rom but just wanted to post my findings.
My BlueAntZ9i is also fine exactly as you describe -- even much louder than with my Touch. But, and for me it is a big but, no voice announcement over BT (works over device speaker though).
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BacardiGuy is just getting started

thanks willnj, should have been more specific.

Device that works for everything:

Motorola S9 Stereo Headset

Devices that do not work as noted earlier:

Altec Lansing T515 Stereo speakers
Parrot 6100 Car A2DP and Handsfree bridge
Sony CMT BX5BT Micro Home Audio System
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

amjman is becoming a great contributor

not working for me on my tp2...on juicy rom, stock rom, or mighty rom:
plantronics Voyager Pro
plantronics 510
jawbone (original)
jawbone 2

all of the above DO NOT hang up when the button to do so is pressed. it used to work on my tp1 with stock, and any other rom. how could they have missed this before they shipped?! Sheesh. so we wait until HTC update, and then steal updated files from new ROm and (cross our fingers) hope that it works RIGHT?

I am going to call them and complain, and set up an auto-emailer every day to send them a question as to when I might expect a fix. that way they know i am waiting....everyday!

a
Old 11-12-2009, 02:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mlcastro is becoming a great contributor

Just to add to the list. The following devices DO NOT end call or work when the phone is locked (this might be a "feature" but I'm not sure):

Ford Sync
Motorola S9-HD
Old 11-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcastro View Post
Just to add to the list. The following devices DO NOT end call or work when the phone is locked (this might be a "feature" but I'm not sure):

Ford Sync
Motorola S9-HD

Ford sync works when my phone is locked with s2u2. "2010 navigation model" I can answer from car or phone. Never had a issue with ford sync besides text messaging not working through the system.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
no its just that for the most part you will lose functionality the broadcom stack does so much more than the ms stack
We get that it works fine for most of the chefs. That is all well and good. We're not asking YOU not to use the Widcomm stack. Those of us that are having major problems, though, would just like the OPTION of using the MS stack. Let us be the judge on the benefits/drawbacks tradeoff instead of making the decision for us. It's why chefs offer kitchens in addition to their standard ROMs, right?

I've said before I would GLADLY donate to whoever can get an MS stack working on this phone. It's my biggest beef right now. For all the benefits the Widcomm stack offers, if I can't initiate and end a call easily with my headset without having to disconnect my data session every time, those benefits are useless.

And to Juggalo, if you're having problems removing the Widcomm stack, RaidZero has already accomplished that but could not get the MS stack working. Perhaps you two could collaborate and save a lot of time and effort?
Old 11-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I'd be interested in the new stack so I could use ICS with bluetooth which hasn't been an option at all on the TP2. Otherwise my bluetooth has been working fine.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

JD and juggalo_X are right, The broadcom stack is so much better than the MS stack, I don't have any problems with it.

Instead of whining and crying post after post...Try whining and crying to HTC/Carrier about the problem, I'm sure if enough of you complain (Like you do on this site) they will address the problem and patch it.

Another option is try cooking your own roms with the MS stack.

But please stop making posts about the BT stack already!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
We get that it works fine for most of the chefs. That is all well and good. We're not asking YOU not to use the Widcomm stack. Those of us that are having major problems, though, would just like the OPTION of using the MS stack. Let us be the judge on the benefits/drawbacks tradeoff instead of making the decision for us. It's why chefs offer kitchens in addition to their standard ROMs, right?

I've said before I would GLADLY donate to whoever can get an MS stack working on this phone. It's my biggest beef right now. For all the benefits the Widcomm stack offers, if I can't initiate and end a call easily with my headset without having to disconnect my data session every time, those benefits are useless.

And to Juggalo, if you're having problems removing the Widcomm stack, RaidZero has already accomplished that but could not get the MS stack working. Perhaps you two could collaborate and save a lot of time and effort?
its not a fact that id have a hard time, its just im pretty lazy when it comes to removing features. for me the boradcom stack offers more features then what the MS one does.

Maybe ill look into it some day tho. i could care less about being payed for it thought.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2