PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted Samsung Epic.
Carrier: Sprint

drthv8r is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint touch pro 2 tethering hhhhheeeeelllllppppppp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I'm sorry, I misread. I thought he was on Mike's Rom.

Install these in order and it should work.
ACHlLLES thanks your post saved me a lot of time and headaches, I couldn't connect and was getting the error code 67 pop up. I installed the 3 cabs you posted rebooted and I'm now tethered. It doesn't get any better than this. Thanks once again.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBrode View Post
A point of interest is this...

There is now a [HKLM\Services\CMGuaridan] in my registry and I did not manually enter anything to allow for a mispelling on my part. One of those cabs has a typo in it somewhere unless it's supposed to be that way. I have the original spelled correctly as well though...should I leave them both?
Again, I have...

[HKLM\Services\CMGuardian]
[HKLM\Services\CMGuaridan]

Anyone interested in checking their install to see if you have 2 entries?

I'm really curious as to how the misspelled one was created.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

all i see is HKLM\Services\CMGuaridan
Old 11-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammcdonald View Post
k here is the deal it must be like u said dragon 2 have done it the way boo boos way and it works great. soft rest about 4 time come right back and it still working so here is the instruction to any new sprint touch pro 2 users their is one thing that was different and i got to work.
Tethering - tested and works

1 - using file explorer go to Windows\Start Menu\Programs - delete internet connection sharing

2 install - ICS_and_WModem_Fix cab

3. using a regedit program

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint" when u get here sprint new phone has (phone as modem) change to "sprint"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

[HKLM\Services\CMGuardian] U have to install this one go to edit and select(it's a DWORD if it doesn't exist.) then under value name = Flags the value data is = 4 decimal

4 - soft reset
5- u have to go into communications and turn data connection on manually first before u connect to pc.
6- just plug phone to tether cord to pc and drop down menu comes up pick phone as modem (done)
7 - Hit Connect In the Internet Sharing application. or it may do by itself some time does some time not!!!!! but it works. IF u get a system 63 error check your data connection again it sometime does not connect at first happened to me 2 times
9 - Done. No other applications needs to run on the PC/Laptop.

I did notice i cannot find were that communications drop down is for phone as moden so i could make a short cut to it in the program file but as long as that screen always comes up whene i plug in im happy
i guess since i delete the internet share program it is gone and this is a hidden app?
I don't understand why using the stock rom on a sprint TP2 steps #1 and #2 are needed- a long time a go I made the registry changes ( see here) and have had no problems tethering. I also wonder what exactly the cab in step #2 does- I thought it was made for gsm tp2- just curious

Last edited by jimmyz; 11-19-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i just test and make things work. those steps do that
Old 11-20-2009, 04:11 AM
Lurker

86Cutty is a n00b

OMG! Idk why I'm having so much trouble with this. I tried the regedit way, and the using 3 cabs way, but for some reason nothing's working. I can get the Wifi to work, but that's it. With my TP1 I didnt have any problems, but with the TP2 I'm having no luck at all. I think maybe I'm getting confused because I keep jumping from page to page, back and forward.
The forcecellconnection file keeps coming back when I delete it and reset. I even started over with a hard reset. I dont know what I'm doing wrong. When I go into internet sharing, I dont see "Sprint" on the drop down, and it only says "none". I need help. This is the only internet I have except for work and it sucks I cant get it to work with the USB cable.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker

86Cutty is a n00b

Can anyone help me out?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok folks for the record... Follow BOO BOO's instructions and any registry entry that you don't already have you need to create it yourself. The factory ICS needs to be deleted as it is coded to use Sprint's "phone as modem" connection. You don't want that!!! Simply read and follow the instructions. I want to also ad that it works best when you open Internet Connection Sharing app and pres "connect" BEFORE you connect to USB cable. It is part of the "stealth" part of it's functionality and that IS what you want! Boo Boo's instructions work for Sprint TP2's. T-Mobile users don't need to do this from what I understand. Read and follow the instructions and remember if you don't see the mentioned registry entry when instructed..... CREATE IT!!!! You will then be tethering with no problems.

PS: uninstall any cabs you may have installed and undo any changes then start from scratch using Bo Boo's instructions.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 11-23-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Kayden96 is a n00b

I'm trying to get my TP2 tethered to my Mac... I plug it in and nothing really happens. I select internet sharing and it just sits there saying check cable. =(
Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

jdubdj is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jdubdj Send a message via Yahoo to jdubdj

Will ICS_and_WModem_Fix.cab work on a US Cellular Touch Pro 2 with WM 6.5? If not, what should I use? Would WMWIFIRouter work better?

I haven't found much info (ie hacks mods, tweaks...) that been ok'd for the US Cellular version. any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2