PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: Help me disable this message please!

Well, I'm sorry to hear that more people are having this issue. Since it's been driving me nuts, ever since I have flashed a custom rom. From the day the unlocker came out.

I have asked in multiple knowledgable locations on the net and have gotten nowhere.

I am now on a mission to find the registry setting that needs to be modified to make it STOPPPP!!!!

If anyone else has any input on this at all, please help us!

I was really hoping I had screwed something up in my provisioning or something. Or that flashing the latest Mightyrom would correct the issue. No such luck, it appears.

So, +1 for a fix, reg. edit, .cab or something to kill that notification. I know when I'm in 1X, that's what the 1X and EV icons are for. I really dont wanna have to hit "ok", every few minutes in spotty areas. Very annoying and distracting from what I'm trying to do.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Help me disable this message please!

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone?

Sorry, gotta bump this, as it needs attention.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I agree. I'm roaming right now, and it's popping up every 5-10 seconds on Juicy's ROM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:32 PM
"MODS"

Ok, this keeps getting buried and I am struggling to find a solution. I would be very satisfied, to just suppress the popup notification. However I have tried many registry edits so far without any luck!

If anyone else could shed some light on how to stop this major annoyance, I and others would be most grateful.

I am pretty shocked that this is not a more widespread issue.

Anyone else having this same issue?

Anyone have a solution?

I'm up for trying just about anything to make it stop. Considering going back to stock until it's fixed! Never thought I'd say that!

To the rest of you with this issue, please help keep this thread in focus, as it needs more attention!

Thanks to anyone willing to try and help!! Truly!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I couldn't agree more. I had to flash back to the stock ROM last night because it made my phone totally unusable while I'm roaming in Canada. I couldn't find any registry setting that would suppress it.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:13 PM
"MODS"

Thumbs up Re: Help me disable this message please!

***!!!!!!FIXED!!!!!!***

Ok, after many hours of frustration with this darn popup notification, I have finally found a very very simple way to stop it.

Settings>Personal>Phone>CDMA Services>Network Service>
Change to Home Only (done!)

So far, I have noticed no negative impact on my reception or signal and have not had the popup once. It was doing it several times per minute, just sitting here on my desk, right before I changed that. So, that is what is causing it and is a simple fix and easily reversed.

So, I may leave mine that way 100% of the time if it doesn't hurt my reception where I go.

However if it seems to impact my ability to receive a signal in certain places, then I will simply set it back to STANDARD.

I hope this helps others who are having this annoying issue!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Almost a VIP

That's a great fix until you have to roam somewhere

Did you have a weak Verizon signal where this was occurring?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM
"MODS"

Yes, it happens in weak signal areas, like my house.

It still goes into 1X, just as it did before. Which is actually using USCC tower when it does that. So, I don't think the roaming will be an issue. VZW technically doesn't roam anyway. It's either you are connected to their "extended" network or you have no service.

If I am wrong about that, please inform me otherwise. Also, like I said, it's easy to switch it back when needed. Much faster and easier then clearing the notification 100 times a day.

If anyone has any other solutions or suggestions, I'm all ears.

Last edited by santod; 11-17-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Almost a VIP

I'm not sure what they call it, all I know is that once I got to Canada the warning popped up every 5 seconds and my roaming triangle came on. Switching the setting to Home Only caused me to have no service at all (that's one of the things I tried). In Seattle I remember this happening less frequently when I went into a parking garage or something. The roaming triangle didn't come on but I assumed it was picking up a Sprint tower in that situation. In Canada I'm probably roaming and in Seattle I was probably picking up their extended network. I agree, if you don't travel outside the US, or go into an extended coverage area, you probably won't care about this too much. Unfortunately I do both.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:36 PM
"MODS"

That's just it though, my phone would say Extended Network every time that message popped up. Now it doesn't pop up at all and it stays connected to Verizon. But I see what you're saying. However I have never had a roaming triangle, unless I was using another carriers PRL, PRI, and radio.

Such as when I first put my Sprint TP1 on the Verizon network.

Anyway, I'm open to any other suggestions, but for now I'm at least pacified with my simple fix, until someone figures out another way.

It sure doesn't stand out in the registry, anywhere! I have no problem finding all other notifications, just not this one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2