PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: N/A

htcboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio

Is anyone having problems with the unlocked radio? Yesterday, I installed Mighty ROM and didn't like the way it ran. So, I reflashed backto the stock Sprint Rom and Radio. I then proceeded to unlock my Radio Rom and installed the Sprint World Unlocked Radio; I had to pay for the SIMM unlock software ($25). Ever since I installed it yesterday, my battery life is terrible. I charged my phone this last night and woke up with 40% battery left. Any clues? Maybe just a bad flash. By the way, I tested an AT&T Sim Card and it worked perfectly.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio

could be the radio?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I'm in the same boat. I flashed the SIM/Radio unlockers and battery life and performance suffered because it seemed to be trying to acquire a GSM signal inappropriately. As soon as I went back to the stock radio, all is well again. Moral of the story, if you don't have an absolutely need to unlock the radio--- that is, an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card--- don't unlock it!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I've only had one lockup, but other than that everything else seems to function the same as it did before the radio patch.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

htcboy is a n00b

I'm going to try a fresh reflash. So far, I have reflashed back to the stock Sprint Rom and Radio Rom. Additionally, I ran the SIMM unlocker. I'm on the last step of reflashing the Unlocked World Radio. Lastly, I'm going to do a hard reset. I'm hoping for the best. Wish me luck!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

htcboy is a n00b

Something is not right with the world Unlocked Radio. After the hard reset, it would not load up. I'm I doing something wrong?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcboy View Post
Is anyone having problems with the unlocked radio? Yesterday, I installed Mighty ROM and didn't like the way it ran. So, I reflashed backto the stock Sprint Rom and Radio. I then proceeded to unlock my Radio Rom and installed the Sprint World Unlocked Radio; I had to pay for the SIMM unlock software ($25). Ever since I installed it yesterday, my battery life is terrible. I charged my phone this last night and woke up with 40% battery left. Any clues? Maybe just a bad flash. By the way, I tested an AT&T Sim Card and it worked perfectly.
Not only the battery drained much faster,the phone also ran a lot warmer than Sprint stock rom,I had reflashed between stock srpint rom and the unlocked radio about 5 times since yesterday and still have the same problem,it also lagging a lot if i stream internet radio through my bt headset,the phone performance just so sluggish,the eliteteam needs to re-work the radio,i believe.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ask the person who made your cooked rom
Old 11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3D,Evo 4g,Rhodium,BBTour,Raphael,800W,Titan
Carrier: sprint 15 yrs

unsane is becoming a great contributor

I have Unlocked and am also running mighty with the Sprint World radio patch.....My battery life and performance totally kills the stock sprint set up.....Id reflash everything and start over...something doesnt sound right...my device is running PERFECT!!!

EDIT: I am also running a T-Mobile SIM

Last edited by unsane; 11-01-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Odd you guys are having all these issues. I have no problems. I have a Sprint and a Tmobile sim deployed. Battery life is the same.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2