PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are You Stickng With Stock Roms Or Flashing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaManUWanaB View Post
How unstable is that version?

I tried out the "Beta" version of the EnergyRom Photon and it kept freezing up my phone.
I actually haven't had many problems with it. No freezing at least. The twitter tab occasionally refuses to connect saying there is no data connection when there obviously is. Also, the lack of mms and landscape manila is a definite issue. The no landscape thing actually kept me from trying it and it turns out to be a non-issue for me so far. There are two versions of each the photon and the leo. I used the stable photon version but when I switched to leo I went with the beta/'unstable' version of it. So far other than the issues mentioned above it has been really stable and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
i was flashing as soon as the HSPL dropped lol

I think we probably all were...i know i grabbed it before it was posted here...thanks to whoever it was that dropped the info....wish i remembered who it was...i did thank the post at least
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ThaManUWanaB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are You Stickng With Stock Roms Or Flashing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
I actually haven't had many problems with it. No freezing at least. The twitter tab occasionally refuses to connect saying there is no data connection when there obviously is. Also, the lack of mms and landscape manila is a definite issue. The no landscape thing actually kept me from trying it and it turns out to be a non-issue for me so far. There are two versions of each the photon and the leo. I used the stable photon version but when I switched to leo I went with the beta/'unstable' version of it. So far other than the issues mentioned above it has been really stable and fast.
Thanks, I think I may try that one out next after I play around with MightyRom for a few more days.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2